Naplex low pass rate

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by sosoo, Feb 13, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. txpharmguy

txpharmguy 7+ Year Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I still think I could pass it without studying (been out 20 years). Just don't want to shell out the dough to take it

Nguyen2017 likes this.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Nguyen2017

Nguyen2017

Jan 31, 2017
    I'm not sure if I understand much your first sentence. But if I understand it correctly, I agree.
    Hahaha that's not untrue either. I don't know why. I am an Asian. I don't take pictures of my food.
    This is the picture I got from a food article of Wall Street Journal. It talked about this special food of my hometown. I thought it's the best picture that I've ever seen about this food so I keep it and want to share it too.
    It is my Facebook profile picture but when I sign in this forum with my Facebook account, the picture goes on my profile of this forum too. And I don't care to change.
    Btw, look up "Vietnamese dim sum wall street journal", you'll see the article but to read full article, I think you'll have to subscribe. But if you just want to see the picture only, search the phrase on Google Image tab.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  4. Sine Cura

Sine Cura 10 seconds or less 7+ Year Member

Feb 5, 2010
    UoP is 50/50 as far as their mix of "pre-pharm" auto-matriculants and "transfers." It's not like 0-6 programs where it's like 95/5.

5. Nguyen2017

Nguyen2017

Jan 31, 2017
    I should use past tense: accepted.
    It looks like things have changed.
    Also I just looked at UCSF website. They've been having 4-year pharmacy program but next year, it will be 3-year. And they don't require Bachelor's degree.

6. Chriskahn

Chriskahn 2+ Year Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Best coast
    Hate to break the news but you will have no time for your family if you go to pharmacy school. The only reason I (barely) have time for mine is because I skip class and study on my own at night when the kiddo is asleep or on Sundays when my wife is home and parking is free near campus. I cant study at home when the kid is awake because she will freak if I dont hangout with her and she always tries to mess with my laptop.

You wont be able to skip labs, exams, group presentations, or other activities that require attendance. You also have IPPE to complete (8 hour days mostly), and internships to complete before graduation. And just wait until your APPE, 40 hour weeks means no family time.

So if you are the type of student that requires class time to ask questions, take notes, or record lectures then you are not going to do well if you skip. If you dont skip then you will definitely have no time for your fam.

If you are the main caretaker of your kids, be prepared to have your significant other or family members step up or find a really good day care.

Pharmdance, Marina22 and Nguyen2017 like this.
  7. Slippers

Slippers

Dec 17, 2015
    Anyone on here know how much of the new test is check all that apply? How much brand/generic is there also?

8. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah 2+ Year Member

Jan 7, 2013
    When I came to this thread, I didn't expect to leave hungry

Nguyen2017 likes this.
  9. BidingMyTime

BidingMyTime Lost Shaker Of Salt 10+ Year Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Illinois
    You will still be doing your 4 years of pharmacy work in your 3-year accelerated program. It's no different than someone graduating high school in 3 years....it doesn't change the fact that high school is a 4 year program.

And YES, you are definitely setting yourself up for failure by doing an accelerated program with small children. Their are plenty of stories are here about how tough the accelerated programs are for single, childfree people, much less people with children.

10. strp

strp 2+ Year Member

Jun 18, 2012
    This notion that 3 year programs cover the same amount of material is laughable. I know for a fact the 3 year program near me does not cover near the amount of material as the local 4 year school.

Nguyen2017 likes this.
  11. Marina22

Marina22

Jul 23, 2016
    From you have postedso far, I see a lot of negativity.
    What if you tell the truth to other young prospective student and he won't go to pharmacy because you said so. He might also hate you for such an opinion later. Blaim your family first of all who recommend you medical field, like all Asian families want their kids to be in medical field no matter what. That woman pharmacist could be really honest by saying the school is easy, because many people I heard it's easy. Why easy? They could be more prepared for it, could be bright students, could be many reason. Like one can say Organic chem is easy, while others struggle for no reason.
    From other post it will too much to quote for me. But picking pharmacy career should be based if you want to in medical field, based on some kind of experience and observing pharmcist job; cannot be based what we read online.
    In the hospital I work, the job doesn't seem that hard, and to me it's very interesting. Besides they have to be careful on checking expiration dates, there are other numerous duties: how you work in the stress environment, when it's too busy, a lot of other crap. And they all say that from school you will basically need about 20% of knowledge.

12. vmatts033

vmatts033

Dec 7, 2015
    For people who passed how did you study