Naplex on Friday...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drjmroxy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm been reading these boards for a while, trying to gain insight. I'm down to just a few more days before the naplex. I've been studying from the APhA book and doing questions from Lange Q&A, in addition to having taken the naplex review at my college. I'm freaking out that I'm going to fail. I just feel like nothing is sticking and I'm going to get there and completely draw a blank. Anyone have some good advice?

Also, I don't know if anyone here is taking the NC law. I went to school and live in NY but am moving to NC next month. I printed out the material from the NC BOP website. But is there something else I should study from? I know the laws will be much more lenient than NY, as almost everything is. Any help on this front would be much appreciated.

Good luck to those of you with exams still to take and Congrats to those who have already passed :)

Members don't see this ad.

I am taking the Naplex on Friday too and I feel the same way! Hopefully, it will all come back to me during the exam.

I take the naplex on tuesday- and I literally had an emergency appendectomy two days ago so studying has been limited. I feela s though I am going to fail but I literally am not able to push back my exam because I am getting married AHH!! so.. if anyone can give me advice on what to focus on specifically with the little time I have left.. Iwould appreciate it! thanks

I just moved to NC from NY myself and just took the naplex and i have the law on thursday. I went to ACP. The law here is pretty much Federal. I'm using the "guide to federal pharmacy law" by Reiss and Hall. As for Naplex try not to worry, I was sure I failed and passed. Just take your time and remember the answer is right in front of you.

Members don't see this ad :)
So my best friend who took the Naplex last Friday called and told me to calm down and that the test is a lot easier than she thought. She said it wouldn't have helped her to study any more.

So today I've spent my time doing calculations and I just took the Pre-Naplex. I got a 75 exactly. So now I'm freaking out again and my eye is twitching from all the stress. Ugh....:scared:

I took the Naplex last week Thursday. I just opened my mail today and I passed. I only studied the APhA book and scorred a 123. The test was much easier that I thought it was going to be. There will be questions that you will not know. Chances are they are the "throw out" questions. My advise for last minute craming would be to:

-Know how to do every math problem in the APhA book... reallly well.
-Know Top 200 brand, generic, side effects, monitoring, strengths, and dosage forms.
-Know guidelines for the top disease states: Diabetes, Asthma, Blood Pressure, Cholesterol.

Relax the night before the test. Go out to eat, watch your favorite show, and go to bed early.

I take the MPJE next week Friday. :eek:

Ok...Naplex is officially over. I don't feel bad about the test. There were definitely some questions that I didn't know. I got a couple odd brand names that I've never heard of. I got some odd disease states that I didn't expect also- like MS. I also got HIV, oncology, DKA, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's....not that many calculations either. Although I was mad that two of the calculations completely stumped me-- damn sodium equivalents. Overall it wasn't bad.

Next friday is my NC MPJE. I'm gonna take tonight off and relax then start in tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get my Naplex score sometime next week.

did you guys have lots of drug interactions?
Should i memorize all the inducers and inhibitors?

I took the Naplex today as well. It wasn't too bad. I had tons of calculations, mostly hospital in nature. I think I probably had at least 25%. Other than that, knowing all the brand names for dz states like HTN, lipidemia etc helps.

My CPJE is next friday.

I got some odd disease states that I didn't expect also- like MS. I also got HIV, oncology, DKA, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's....not that many calculations either. Although I was mad that two of the calculations completely stumped me-- damn sodium equivalents. Overall it wasn't bad.
I didn't get many math questions either... I was glad because those took longer to work out than a regular question! :laugh:

did you guys have lots of drug interactions?
Should i memorize all the inducers and inhibitors?

I don't think there is ever a need to memorize all of anything really... Just know the common ones and the ones that are the most clinically relevent. I can't remember whether there were questions specific to this or not, but it's just good general knowledge to have.

I took the Naplex today as well. It wasn't too bad. I had tons of calculations, mostly hospital in nature. I think I probably had at least 25%. Other than that, knowing all the brand names for dz states like HTN, lipidemia etc helps.

I couldn't agree more about knowing all the brand/generic names... I studied the top 300 drugs (NOT dose or frequency) and their major counseling points and it helped immensely! And again, this is something that is just helpful in general whether or not you're studying for the NAPLEX.

Good luck everybody!

i only have top 200 list from prontopass, which does not really have counseling points.
do you guys have list of top 300???

Members don't see this ad :)
i only have top 200 list from prontopass, which does not really have counseling points.
do you guys have list of top 300???

I can't remember where I got the top 300 list... I was thinking that one of the prontopass posters had the list?

Also, about the counseling points. I don't think you need to know every little detail, but the big ones are important I think (no dairy, no alcohol, photosensitivity etc).

I didn't get many math questions either... I was glad because those took longer to work out than a regular question! :laugh:

I don't think there is ever a need to memorize all of anything really... Just know the common ones and the ones that are the most clinically relevent. I can't remember whether there were questions specific to this or not, but it's just good general knowledge to have.

I couldn't agree more about knowing all the brand/generic names... I studied the top 300 drugs (NOT dose or frequency) and their major counseling points and it helped immensely! And again, this is something that is just helpful in general whether or not you're studying for the NAPLEX.

Good luck everybody!

Thanks for the advice Pharmagirl....I'm still waiting for my ATT and am a bundle of nerves....I just want to schedule my test and get it over with! It's good to know that dosing isn't stressed very much.

Thanks for the advice Pharmagirl....I'm still waiting for my ATT and am a bundle of nerves....I just want to schedule my test and get it over with! It's good to know that dosing isn't stressed very much.

Yep, I wish I had known that ahead of time because lots of people told me to focus on doses and even more importantly frequency and that just didnt come up much.

I know what you mean about being a bundle of nerves. I'm so glad I got my exams done early... some people from my class are still waiting for their ATT because of screw ups with the paperwork at some point in the process.

Good luck with your exam! Hopefully you'll get to take it soon. When did you guys graduate?

Good luck with your exam! Hopefully you'll get to take it soon. When did you guys graduate?

We graduated May 18, and the registrar mailed my final paperwork on May 21. I have called the NY board of pharmacy, and they have told me I have been cleared in the computer and I should get my ATT letter soon.....but that obviously hasn't happened yet! Aargh.....anyway, if I failed the NY wet lab (which I am convinced I did!!)...then it's a moot point, I guess!

We graduated May 18, and the registrar mailed my final paperwork on May 21. I have called the NY board of pharmacy, and they have told me I have been cleared in the computer and I should get my ATT letter soon.....but that obviously hasn't happened yet! Aargh.....anyway, if I failed the NY wet lab (which I am convinced I did!!)...then it's a moot point, I guess!

Did you try calling the NABP directly? Maybe that would help?

Ok...Naplex is officially over. I don't feel bad about the test. There were definitely some questions that I didn't know. I got a couple odd brand names that I've never heard of. I got some odd disease states that I didn't expect also- like MS. I also got HIV, oncology, DKA, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's....not that many calculations either. Although I was mad that two of the calculations completely stumped me-- damn sodium equivalents. Overall it wasn't bad.

Next friday is my NC MPJE. I'm gonna take tonight off and relax then start in tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get my Naplex score sometime next week.

glad to hear it wasnt aht bad for you. im pretty scared about mine tell u the truth. if i dont pass i lose my job basically. so im major stressed out. there are no saturday dates for 100 miles radius of me until end of august/september.

Hi folks

I am trying to study for Naplex from APha book but i just can’t remember anything:(. Any advice on what should I study and focus on?? any advice on other books or ProntoPass??

If you’ve just taken the naplex please share your thoughts,
What topics to study for the most,
Are there lots of drug drug interaction
and dosage form and dosage questions??

I am really nervous please help
I just received my ATT today

Focus on drugs. Ignore most of the tangential crap in the APhA book. They aren't going to ask you the incidence of HTN in black patients. If you take the pre-Naplex, it will give you an idea of what type of things you need to know. Most of the review materials overdo it bigtime.

Finally got my results from the naplex I took on Jun 20. Passed with a 132. Now I just need to wait another month for my CPJE results.

Congrats! I just want to ask what materials did you use? I was supposed to take the naplex last june 26 but i postponed it. I am now more nervous:scared: Any advise? Thanks!

I just used APhA book and flashcardexchange.com to test myself. Focus on the charts provided in the book. I think it really helps to know brands / generic for major disease states. I didn't study the top 200.

Good luck! I never felt prepared either. In fact I was like a zombie during the exam since my daughter woke me up at 2:30 am and I could not fall back asleep on exam day!