Narrowing Down Applications: Any Pros/Cons Greatly Appreciated!

R3DEUCE

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Looks like a solid set of schools you got there...I would not apply to ASDOH unless you have 500+ hours, Also Howard and Meharry are unnecessary unless you are a urm. Other than that your list looks solid..GL

Last edited:
Why UMDNJ? I'm a FL Resident, I also applied to UF,LECOM and NOVA...plus 3 OOS: UNC (Low cost, but competitive), MWU-IL (Newer, lower requirements) WESTU (Wouldn't mind living in Cali)...I think that was my reasoning. Oh, I also applied to Tufts but didn't submit a Supplemental because I realized they don't accept ANY prereq's from Community Colleges. I prob should have applied to a more but, I think I'll be alright.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like a solid set of schools you got there...I would not apply to ASDOH unless you have 500+ hours, Also Howard and Meharry are unnecessary unless you are a urm. Other than that your list looks solid..GL

Thank you! I have almost 300 hours of shadowing, almost 200 of volunteering, 80 of research and over 13,000 hours of professional work experience so I HOPE it's okay... unless they're specifically looking for volunteering. I already sent off my primaries and I'm working on secondaries but I'm still uncertain if I will add some more schools.

Why UMDNJ? I'm a FL Resident, I also applied to UF,LECOM and NOVA...plus 3 OOS: UNC (Low cost, but competitive), MWU-IL (Newer, lower requirements) WESTU (Wouldn't mind living in Cali)...I think that was my reasoning. Oh, I also applied to Tufts but didn't submit a Supplemental because I realized they don't accept ANY prereq's from Community Colleges. I prob should have applied to a more but, I think I'll be alright.

I would double-check UNC because I had considered applying there until I realized they really don't take anyone from OOS. I am applying to UMDNJ because I'm originally from NJ, plus I've only heard great things about the school. Are you going to LECOM's open house on Monday?