Narrowing down school list...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulDoc91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my 2nd time applying. Improved my MCAT from 496 to 508. cGPA is 3.45 & sPGA is 3.23. I have 2000+ hours of clinical experience and 80 hours of shadowing. LOR are 2 science profs, my advisor, 2 DOs, and volunteer coordinator.

I'm applying to about 15-20 schools, and I think I have my list narrowed down. Do you think there are any I am missing or should take off? Any input appreciated! (P.S. I'm from DE so I have no in-state medical schools and no school contracts or affiliations to help either)

A.T. Still University (AZ)
Alabama COM
Midwestern University (AZ)
Arkansas COM
Burrell COM at New Mexico State University
Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace SOM
Lake Erie COM (PA)
Lincoln Memorial University - DeBusk COM
Marian University COM
New York Institute of Technology COM
Nova Southeastern University COM
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences COM
PCOM (PA & GA)
Touro COM (CA)
University of New England COM
University of the Incarnate Word SOM

Members don't see this ad.

List looks good to me.. I think you'll receive plenty of love.

I'd make sure you aren't below the sGPA cutoff for the schools you're applying to. The highest cutoff I have seen is 3.25 (KCU & maybe VCOM?), but for most schools it's lower than that so you should be fine.

You may want to look into RVU (CO and UT campuses.) IMO RVU is a great school, and the Denver area is awesome. Haven't seen the UT campus; can't comment on that. This school places a strong emphasis on your essays though, so make sure you write strong essays to them if you apply.

It's a fine list. Suggest deleting PacNW; they prefer that region. Replace with VCOM, KCU and DMU

This is my 2nd time applying. Improved my MCAT from 496 to 508. cGPA is 3.45 & sPGA is 3.23. I have 2000+ hours of clinical experience and 80 hours of shadowing. LOR are 2 science profs, my advisor, 2 DOs, and volunteer coordinator.

I'm applying to about 15-20 schools, and I think I have my list narrowed down. Do you think there are any I am missing or should take off? Any input appreciated! (P.S. I'm from DE so I have no in-state medical schools and no school contracts or affiliations to help either)

A.T. Still University (AZ)
Alabama COM
Midwestern University (AZ)
Arkansas COM
Burrell COM at New Mexico State University
Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace SOM
Lake Erie COM (PA)
Lincoln Memorial University - DeBusk COM
Marian University COM
New York Institute of Technology COM
Nova Southeastern University COM
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences COM
PCOM (PA & GA)
Touro COM (CA)
University of New England COM
University of the Incarnate Word SOM

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd personally apply to ACOM also as it seems to have a pretty good reputation even as a newer school.. other than that I'd bet you'll be successful at one or more of your schools.

good luck man

Don't sell yourself short, your MCAT increase will get you some love from the established schools. Make sure to add KCU, DMU and KCOM