-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Nasacort approved for OTC
Started by WVUPharm2007
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Cool.
This will be a great recommendation for our htn patients who need something for congestion. I had heard at one point the company who makes brand Flonase was trying to get OTC status. I don't know what happened. The issue will be the cost. If it is no more than $20, it will do well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
An FDA advisory panel is in favor of making nasacort OTC...but it has not been approved as of yet...though FDA rarely goes against FDA advisory panel recommendations...thought I clear this up
Check this out for more info http://http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL1N0G12D720130731?irpc=932
Check this out for more info http://http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSL1N0G12D720130731?irpc=932
Nasacort OTC Has just received FDA approval
I don't like this OTC availability of nasal steroids. People won't read the labels about possible long term fx.
I would always groan when GP's would be overly aggressive with these nasal inhalers and never taper from the initial 2 week regimen. I worried we would see an epidemic of glaucoma down the road. Here is a chart showing the expected incidence to increase faster than pop growth.
I would always groan when GP's would be overly aggressive with these nasal inhalers and never taper from the initial 2 week regimen. I worried we would see an epidemic of glaucoma down the road. Here is a chart showing the expected incidence to increase faster than pop growth.
I'm glad I just got my generic Nasacort filled a few days ago! I bet that gets taken off the formularies faster than Usain Bolt.
Yeah, all the fexofenadine went to "not covered" within days after Allegra hit the OTC sheves, so I'd imagine it won't take long.I'm glad I just got my generic Nasacort filled a few days ago! I bet that gets taken off the formularies faster than Usain Bolt.
Any idea why so many plans still cover omeprazole though? Caps vs. tabs cannot be the reason.
...Any idea why so many plans still cover omeprazole though? Caps vs. tabs cannot be the reason.
I'd guess their negotiated prices are dirt cheap and it gives them the excuse to not cover any of the pricier generics.
Also, there are OTC capsules, so it's definitely not that.
Available today.
I'd guess their negotiated prices are dirt cheap and it gives them the excuse to not cover any of the pricier generics.
Also, there are OTC capsules, so it's definitely not that.
Isn't the OTC version a different salt form?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Price is about $11 for a 60 spray bottle and about $18 for a 120 spray The prices are competitive.
I expect them all to all off of insurances precipitously. And if it's $18 a month, there really isn't a reason to complain.
That's cheap. I was expecting 35-40/month.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K