National Collegiate Biological Sciences Award

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RollSkins

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else ever heard of this? I just got a letter from my school saying I have been awarded with this to "honor nationally the performance of outstanding students in the national sciences." I searched around the internet a little bit and couldn't find anything about it. Anway should I put this on AMCAS or is it just one of those things they give out to everyone?

Members don't see this ad.

How full is your AMCAS? Are your 15 spots full of cool stuff you can really elaborate on? Then don't use it. Do you have blank spots because you can't think of how to fill them? Then use it. (but do try to find out more about it)

Good luck!!!!

First of all.....congratulations...???
I disagree with the above poster. If you don't know what this is for, DO NOT put it on your AMCAS as its own entry, even if you have only half the spaces filled. If it deserves a place on AMCAS, then it's fair game in interviews.

I made one AMCAS activity for all the Honors, Awards, etc that I didn't dedicate a whole lot of time to or didn't deserve a section (and I only had nine filled out total). I used this category for Dean's List, National Society for Collegiate Scholars, and the like. But I would ask someone at your school about it first.