Should I pursue a distinguished honor award at my CC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meria

Reaction score
At my college, you can graduate with honors if you earn 15 credits and you can graduate as a distinguished honor student with 24 credits. Would graduating with honors be enough or should I do distinguished as well? The problem with distinguished is that (this is not currently true but based on my upcoming semester plans it would be) I have 19 credits of honors. I would only need 5 more credits to be distinguished but because all classes I have left are calculus and prerequisites with lab, there would be no class that is just 5 credits, meaning I would take two classes, each 4 credits, to be distinguished. Is this worth it?

Members don't see this ad.

It literally doesn't matter and nobody will notice one way or the other. The most important thing is you don't do anything that hurts your GPA, and taking two extra classes that you don't need to get a distinction that nobody will understand seems like a very unnecessary risk.

Reactions: 3 users
It sounds like this might cost you more money and no one in med admissions will care because they are looking at your GPA , the courses you took and far down the line, how rigorous and how heavy a course load you took.

Honors, distinction, deans list, none of that really matters. GPA is all and it had better be high.

Reactions: 1 user