National Pseudoephedrine law....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MountainPharmD

custodiunt illud simplex
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would like to thank the President, Congress, and all of my elected represenatives for sticking it to retail Pharmacy this year. Not only did we get to shoulder the burden of implementing Medicare part D basically for free, we now have the new pseudoephedrine laws. I feel the love, thank you. I really needed another reason for customers to verbally berate my staff as if we were the ones who personally made up these laws and programs. Yes ma'ma, I know its a burden to require you to buy your Sudafed in the pharmacy. When I was in Washington writing the law myself it sure seemed like a good idea.

Why didn't they just make pseudoephedrine containing products prescription only? Why? Why? Why?
 
I would like to thank the President, Congress, and all of my elected represenatives for sticking it to retail Pharmacy this year. Not only did we get to shoulder the burden of implementing Medicare part D basically for free, we now have the new pseudoephedrine laws. I feel the love, thank you. I really needed another reason for customers to verbally berate my staff as if we were the ones who personally made up these laws and programs. Yes ma'ma, I know its a burden to require you to buy your Sudafed in the pharmacy. When I was in Washington writing the law myself it sure seemed like a good idea.

Why didn't they just make pseudoephedrine containing products prescription only? Why? Why? Why?


Hospital pharmacist doesn't have to deal with this..nor the Medicare D.

:meanie:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Trust me, I get my share. I manage 31 women in my pharmacy.

I want to say be careful...but 31 would be too many even for me & I am one!

I do believe that should fall under the Patriot Act just like the pseudoephedrine law - you, sir, are a patriot for maintaining your composure. I'm assuming you do????

I gotta wonder...did you hire all of those or did you inheirit them? Do only female pharmacists work in hospitals in Texas or is it just your hospital?? Are you the draw perhaps?😉
 
I want to say be careful...but 31 would be too many even for me & I am one!

I do believe that should fall under the Patriot Act just like the pseudoephedrine law - you, sir, are a patriot for maintaining your composure. I'm assuming you do????

I gotta wonder...did you hire all of those or did you inheirit them? Do only female pharmacists work in hospitals in Texas or is it just your hospital?? Are you the draw perhaps?😉

I inherited most. One followed me. I don't know where male pharmacists are...

I'm an angel. 😍
 
I inherited most. One followed me. I don't know where male pharmacists are...

I'm an angel. 😍

You must be an angel! Can you imagine if they all typed (talked😛 ) as much as I do?

You'd run screaming or I'd never see you in the ICU😎 - could be good!😀
 
You must be an angel! Can you imagine if they all typed (talked😛 ) as much as I do?

You'd run screaming or I'd never see you in the ICU😎 - could be good!😀


They talk a lot more than you type. :scared:
 
In Illinois, we've had to keep a log for more than a year. The law got started because of the meth epidemic. In one state, Oregon, it is prescription only. From what I read, the people in Oregon are not happy about it. To make it prescription only would burden a lot of people, and it might increase cost. In my opinion, prescription only sudafed would be more of a headache than behind the counter sudafed.
 
and it doesn't help that phenylephrine doesn't do jack either.... I tried that the other week when I had some congestion, and I honestly felt like I hadn't taken anything.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I dont have the references right on me, but pubmed search "decongestant" and "efficacy". You get a paper written by some professor at the uni of florida that talks about how numerous studies have found phenylephine no more effective than placebo at the 10mg dose due to the first pass. So, its pretty much garbage
 
Hey did Safeway stop selling pseudoephedrine everywhere or just in my area? They say they aren't doing it around here to avoid the hassle. All they have are phenylephrine products.

It's just your area. I work at a safeway in Arizona and we still get to play the sudafed game.