National ShaDO Week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

addieu345

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey is anyone doing this? It seem awesome for those of us applying this upcoming cycle! Here's the event details for those who don't want to click on the link below:

"Want to know what it's like to be an Osteopathic Medical Student? National ShaDO Week, sponsored by the Pre-Student Osteopathic Medical Association (Pre-SOMA) and the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine (AACOM), is a week where osteopathic medical schools open their doors to pre-medical students curious about osteopathic medicine. We welcome you to sit in on classes and get face time with admissions representatives and current osteopathic medical students!"

A couple of the schools I'm planning on applying to are participating! Looking forward to it now!

http://www.eventbrite.ca/e/national-shado-week-tickets-9373651845?err=29

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just an FYI, you guys can do this any time for us at RowanSOM. Just contact admissions and they will put you in contact with a 1st year. We have people shadow us all the time.

Reactions: 2 users
Just an FYI, you guys can do this any time for us at RowanSOM. Just contact admissions and they will put you in contact with a 1st year. We have people shadow us all the time.
Looking forward to shadowing you guys on April 16th!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be shadowing a student from Western in April.

Could someone explain this to me? I see there is an event at CUSOM and I would like to attend. I don't really see any thorough information about the event. I need to know what time it begins, If there is an itinerary (and if so, where I can find the schedule)...I guess I am just a little confused at what this is, exactly. Is it just an informal open house?

Could someone explain this to me? I see there is an event at CUSOM and I would like to attend. I don't really see any thorough information about the event. I need to know what time it begins, If there is an itinerary (and if so, where I can find the schedule)...I guess I am just a little confused at what this is, exactly. Is it just an informal open house?
So as the description explains, this event is an opportunity to shadow actual osteopathic medical students at the medical school of your choice. The perks of this event is that you get a chance to talk to the admissions director/staff. I actually got an email recently from the coordinator for the school I'm visiting to bring my resume and transcript (to show admissions). Another benefit is that the school I'm visiting, on their secondary application it asks if you went to their ShaDo Week event - it has make me more competitive I would imagine.

Once you sign up they provide you with all the info for your school's ShaDO event in an email. Signing up is kind of annoying, you have to sign up for SOMA first. I had a few questions myself and I emailed them by clicking on the link on the bottom of the page labeled "Contact Pre-SOMA", they got back to me in a few hours. They were very nice.

Attending this event at TouroCOM in NY tomorrow. Has anyone attended one yet? What should I expect?

Hello! I'll be attending one at AZCOM- Midwestern glendale campus! Any non-trads doing this event? & I agree- there wasn't much information given even after the email. I'm actually having to fly in so need Details to help me plan my trip! But the people at "pre-SOMA" were really nice and answered my questions very promptly!! :) Anyway looking forward to this event!
If anyone has already attended - would you share your experience with us?

A friend and I are doing a day at MSUCOM April 21st!