Program-Specific Info / Q's NAU OTD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProspectiveHealer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently accepted to NAU's OTD program, and I am excited for many reasons: the cost is good, the facilities are new, and I am from the Phoenix area so it is a good excuse to come back home for a limited amount of time. ;) All this being said, I am a little concerned with how new the program is.

This year their first class will sit for the NBCOT exam. They seem incredibly dedicated to supporting their students in passing the exam. This makes sense because their program's livelihood depends on it. They also got the maximum number of years (7) before AOTA comes back to reassess their accreditation.

Has anyone else been accepted to the program? What is everyone's thoughts on the newness of it? There is a lot of room to grow in the program. I am interested in many populations, including mental health, homelessness, and drug addiction. I have heard that there is a ton of room to grow and "do your own thing" in this program, especially in the mental health arena, so that has pros and cons as well.

As a side note: I am also waiting to hear back from Columbia! I currently live in NYC, and I am into the idea of doing a double major in OT and public health, so curious about feedback as well.

After three years of prep, I am happy I got accepted into a program. :) Cheers y'all!

Members don't see this ad.