NAVC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justavet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, all. I haven' been around much, I know, and the contents of this post are one tiny part of why.

I will be at NAVC in Orlando next week. I got to help put together a program of talks "presenting ideas for engaging the most challenging issues in veterinary medicine today." It's an all day program Tuesday January 21st, in the Marriot- Canary 1,2 and 3,4. These are the rooms right inside from where the buses drop off.

Talks are fifteen minutes long, five minutes apart, with a conversation room adjacent so you can sit around and chew on what you just heard with the speakers and other attendees. We'll also have breakout sessions, group and individual, where speakers will lead you in hands on application of the ideas discussed.

We took on all the biggies- new schools, burnout, suicide, gender, the loss of pharmacy, convenience euthanasia, the role of techs, how to handle private case data for public good, what kind of job can you get. This is stuff no one else is going to take the risk of talking about, and I really applaud the speakers for stepping up. I also applaud NAVC for stepping up, and investing the money and backing to bring this sort of forum to the profession.

The program was largely organized by a couple of Massey students I am in *awe* of, and one long time SDNer is on teh program, Elliot Garber, the Uncommon Veterinarian.

The program is called Ignite! and you can check it out at the program's facebook page
http://on.fb.me/KZhZ64

If you're going to NAVC please come by. If you're not, all the talks will be recorded and made available on the NAVC website.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm here, but won't be around on Tuesday. Will you be around Sunday or Monday? I'd like to chat!