NAVLE advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProudFurMum

Reaction score
Hi everyone, as NAVLE is getting closer and closer, I am getting more anxious about the exam, especially when everyone wants to give their opinion on how to study. Although I understand everyone studies differently and has different level of knowledge, I would like to ask get people's opinion on using VetPrep as the sole preparation for NAVLE.

I have heard people said `don`t read your class notes`, I personally would not benefit much because I found I would just get information overloaded. Some say go look up stuff when you get a VetPrep question wrong, but I always found their explanation is more than enough for me to understand why. Anyhow, I am just all over the place. Can someone please give me some advice!!! Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

For what it's worth, I only used VetPrep (plus took 2 of the practice tests) and passed. Plenty of my classmates did the same.

Reactions: 1 user
I also only used VetPrep. I paid for the practice tests on the NVMBE (I think that is what it is, could be mistaken) website. Took 2 of them about 3ish weeks (I may be off on the timeline) prior to the test to get a prediction of where I sat (passing vs not) and that really made me feel so much better.

Vetprep
NVMBE practice tests (I think I did 2, one a month before and one a week before)
VIN prep course - didn't find it the most helpful, tbh

Honestly, the only time I supplemented with class notes was when I felt very weak on a particular area. For example: pig diarrhea

Members don't see this ad :)
How long do you guys spend for preparation NAVLE? 3?5?6 months?

I bought VetPrep when they had their annual sale in May but didn't actually start going through questions until beginning of September. I took the NAVLE the last week of November. I took the 2 NVMBE practice tests a week before and 2 days before the NAVLE.

For what it's worth, I only used VetPrep (plus took 2 of the practice tests) and passed. Plenty of my classmates did the same.

Did you go through everything on VetPrep? In 1 month I have only managed to use 20% of it!!! Am I too slow?

I am just starting to study for the NAVLE (hoping to take it in Nov/Dec 2020). I am using VetPrep (following their 3-month plan). I was curious if it is normal to basically miss 9/10 questions when you first start. I feel totally clueless. The program gives you the option to say you don't know so that you don't guess (but honestly, I would not be able to answer much if I was not guessing). Any tips on tackling this test (with or without VetPrep)?

I am just starting to study for the NAVLE (hoping to take it in Nov/Dec 2020). I am using VetPrep (following their 3-month plan). I was curious if it is normal to basically miss 9/10 questions when you first start. I feel totally clueless. The program gives you the option to say you don't know so that you don't guess (but honestly, I would not be able to answer much if I was not guessing). Any tips on tackling this test (with or without VetPrep)?
You need to figure out what part of your thought process is leading you astray. You aren’t going to know everything, but you need to have the foundation from school to lead you to an educated guess. If you keep getting the answer wrong, find the basic info you are missing and brush up on it.

I would like to ask get people's opinion on using VetPrep as the sole preparation for NAVLE.

I'm using Zuku, but basically the same thing. I got it in April on a sale of 8 months for the price of 6. I've been purely following the 6 month plan that they give. It gives me enough to do without going overboard in May. I do it after I do my online rotation stuff.

Did you go through everything on VetPrep? In 1 month I have only managed to use 20% of it!!! Am I too slow?

I've been doing my NAVLE prep for 2.5 weeks and am 8ish percent. You're good since the exam isn't for 6-7 months. lol.

I started out doing pretty poorly because I started weeks into quarantine after not being in class for 4 or 5 weeks. It's a "keep on keeping on" to me where I'm starting to recognize/remember more, especially since the zuku 6 month plan involves you going through their version of the power pages.

Thank you all. I honestly feel that I have learned almost nothing over the past few years. I will just keep going through the program. If I am not ready for the exam in Nov/Dec. I will just take it later, perhaps.

Does anyone have words of advice on using the species disease list on the NAVLE website? The video they released said something like "if its on the NAVLE, its on that list" but it really seems to leave out things I *thought* were important (hydrops is the only specific thing I can think of now)

I also have VetPrep, I'm just wondering how helpful of a tool the diseases list is in addition

Does anyone have words of advice on using the species disease list on the NAVLE website? The video they released said something like "if its on the NAVLE, its on that list" but it really seems to leave out things I *thought* were important (hydrops is the only specific thing I can think of now)

I also have VetPrep, I'm just wondering how helpful of a tool the diseases list is in addition
Off topic but are you looking for a study partner?