Navy hpsp

duke2121

5+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2011
  1. Pre-Dental
    So, haven't been able to get a clear answer on this.
    I hope to attend dental school in 2013, next year. I take the DAT in June. Should I contact the NAVY recruiter and get started on the application right after my DAT? Is June the right time to start the process?

del Sol DOHC

10+ Year Member
    Navy
    Oct 6, 2006
    1. Dentist
      I hope to attend dental school in 2013, next year. I take the DAT in June. Should I contact the NAVY recruiter and get started on the application right after my DAT? Is June the right time to start the process?

You should be applying for HPSP at the same time that you are applying to dental schools. Start the process as soon as you have your DAT scores in hand.

MaxillofacialMN

Osteopathic Foot Dentist
      10+ Year Member
      Dec 2, 2009
      The Grand Ballroom
      1. Podiatry Student

You should call your recruiter yesterday. It's never too early to start this process.

About the Ads

del Sol DOHC

10+ Year Member
        Navy
        Oct 6, 2006
        1. Dentist
          You should call your recruiter yesterday. It's never too early to start this process.

The recruiter is not going to want to start your application until you have at least taken the DAT. The application process is a lot of work for them to do, so it is understandable that they would want you to wait until then so they can make sure you actually have a shot at getting into dental school.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.