Navy HSCP

Started by Okabe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Okabe

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have experience with Navy HSCP? Currently received and offer and seeking some advice. I go to an expensive private university. My recruiter told me I’m on the alternate list for HPSP and the results do not come out until October. I applied for the 3 year program for both. Any advice helps.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How expensive? How much debt would you have even if you took the HSCP? In my opinion, it’s generally a crappy deal, unless you’re prior service and can use the GI Bill to simultaneously pay for school.

Big Hoss
Tuition is $92,000 per year at my school. If I took HSCP I’d be at $450,000 when I graduate as opposed to $585,000. I actually spoke to my recruiter yesterday and he said if he were me he would hold off until October when they release how many slots they’ll be offering for 3-year HPSP. He said if they offer the typical 20 3-year HPSP I have a secured spot because I’m in the top 10 of the list. I think I’m going to hold off for HPSP. It financially makes more sense for me since I have no prior service.