Navy March Boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hope45

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody's application going to the March Boards?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I finally cleared medical waivers and my file was sent in on the 21st. I started applying back in October, and it has taken this long! It took 5 visits to MEPS. On the first visit, the Navy Liaison informed me that since I was scheduled just the day before, I wasn't on the schedule in time. The next 2 visits, they turned me away due to forms I didn't know anything about. The 4th visit we finally were able to do the physical, and the 5th visit, I was sent off site for 2 consults.

My recruiter said they are meeting on March 7th?

Sorry for your bad luck. Hopefully we will receive the scholarship. Do you know if there are scholarships still available or is this more for a waitlist spot?

I was reading through old posts and it seems that around this time last year many of the scholarships were given away, and no more were available.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry for your bad luck. Hopefully we will receive the scholarship. Do you know if there are scholarships still available or is this more for a waitlist spot?

I was reading through old posts and it seems that around this time last year many of the scholarships were given away, and no more were available.

Even if all the scholarships are gone, don't be discouraged about being on the wait list. A large number of those who are awarded the scholarship will end up wimping out and decide to decline it before they actually have to sign their commissioning paperwork. Many of them will realize at some point that they are actually joining the military and will have to deploy and be away from their families. Some of them will get into their state school at the last minute and decide that the lower tuition makes the scholarship less attractive. Either way, it is good for you, and the waiting list is definitely not a bad place to be. When I applied in 2010, I started my application in January, but it was held up by MEPS and not completed until early March. I was placed on the waiting list and gradually moved up the list until I was officially offered HPSP in the end of June. Of course not everyone on the wait list will be selected, but I know the Navy has been awarding 3 year scholarships in the following year to people who never made it off of the wait list. Good luck.

That is the million dollar question, right? From what I understand, they have a "goal" of 62 scholarships this year. I don't know 100% what that means, but I think it depends on funding and well qualified applicants. I don't remember the numbers, but my recruiter keeps saying there are a certain amount already given out, and several "in the pipeline". Not sure what the pipeline means, maybe those are board approved waiting to be selected or commissioned. It sounds like there aren't many left, but I can never quite nail down a number.

Since our application is in, all we can do is wait and see what happens at this next board. Good luck to you - which school will you be attending?

:xf:

Thanks for the heads up rainman & Del Sol, I really hope I can receive a scholarship. I am prior Navy and would love to have the chance to serve again. I loved being in the Navy and the scholarship isn't a bad deal too.

I'll be attending USC in the fall.

Thanks for the heads up rainman & Del Sol, I really hope I can receive a scholarship. I am prior Navy and would love to have the chance to serve again. I loved being in the Navy and the scholarship isn't a bad deal too.

I'll be attending USC in the fall.

There are plenty of prior enlisted and former line officers in the Dental Corps - you certainly won't be alone in that regard. I think they're a great resource for the rest of us.

Best of luck!

My paperwork was sent to the board last week. I know they meet March 9 but will they call you if your paperwork goes to the 2nd board?