Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in my last year of PharmD and am in HSCP (commission next Summer 2014). I'm told my wife and I will be able to rank our three preferences for placement this December-ish. I know that the Navy's needs come first and all that jazz...
I'm wondering if the opportunity is there, what is the likelihood of actually receiving placement at an ambulatory clinic like the one in Charleston, SC, if we rank it in our preferences? It's my understanding that it is a small clinic, and the Naval pharmacists I've spoke with already have said that they like to start new grads out at larger facilities for training purposes, then move them to smaller facilities if needed.
Does anyone know about this clinic and if it's a good place to work? I've read about it using the Medical Home model.
If you're a Naval pharmacist, where was your first duty station? Did you get something you ranked?
Thanks
I'm wondering if the opportunity is there, what is the likelihood of actually receiving placement at an ambulatory clinic like the one in Charleston, SC, if we rank it in our preferences? It's my understanding that it is a small clinic, and the Naval pharmacists I've spoke with already have said that they like to start new grads out at larger facilities for training purposes, then move them to smaller facilities if needed.
Does anyone know about this clinic and if it's a good place to work? I've read about it using the Medical Home model.
If you're a Naval pharmacist, where was your first duty station? Did you get something you ranked?
Thanks