Navy Reserves Am I eligible

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent_mangalore

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am a going to be practicing dentist ( recent graduate, have a job, but waiting for license) in the states however I am neither a citizen nor a permanent resident.
Am I eligible for Navy reserves? If yes, What would be my duties??
VM

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
83 views now and still no replies....hmmmm.
YES/NO anything..... thanks for looking though, Does no one know or I guess no one is bothering to answer....
Thanks anyways
VM

Last edited:
1. my understanding is that you would probably not be eligible for an officer's commission if you are not a citizen.
2. you should find a health services detailer to ask for sure

you might be able to get a government service job without being a citizen, but i am not sure at all on that point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Note: The following is not to be trusted, I am not a recruiter, just a HPSP student.

I believe that you have to renounce your foreign citizenship, and they will fast-track your American citizenship for an officer commission.
I was talking with my recruiter (who is from Africa, and did the HPSP for nursing) and he basically said what I mentioned above.

I believe that you can't have dual citizenship, regardless of the country.

Thanks both of you!!!
I am going to talk to the local recruiter tomorrow and see what the official response is and will post it.