Navy's Blue Angels Team Flight Surgeon's a DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc 2b

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How cool is that?

Members don't see this ad.

very very cool. i love the blue angels. :)

sanny
CCOM Class of 2009

WOW, the Thunderbirds' is as well! That is so cool.

Members don't see this ad :)
I see alot of people on here get all excited when they see a DO in a powerful position. Why? MDs don't get super excited. As DO students, I think that some of us still feel sort of inferior. We need to realize that we are capable of being power players. Yes, I believe that it should be celebrated, but it should be expected because DOs can do anything MDs can. Lets quit with the whole acting surprised thing. It really makes us come off as surprised that DOs can be anything other than family med physicians (not that there is anything wrong with that)

bobg504 said:
I see alot of people on here get all excited when they see a DO in a powerful position. Why? MDs don't get super excited. As DO students, I think that some of us still feel sort of inferior. We need to realize that we are capable of being power players. Yes, I believe that it should be celebrated, but it should be expected because DOs can do anything MDs can. Lets quit with the whole acting surprised thing. It really makes us come off as surprised that DOs can be anything other than family med physicians (not that there is anything wrong with that)

I think it is neat to see the profession grow, that is all.

bobg504 said:

Also, amen.

Quite natural to get excited about seeing a numeric minority in a higher profile (i.e. more visible than the numbers would otherwise create) position. I don't think it has anything to due with seeking validity.

cfdavid said:
Quite natural to get excited about seeing a numeric minority in a higher profile (i.e. more visible than the numbers would otherwise create) position. I don't think it has anything to due with seeking validity.

dido.. cause DOs are a special minority

It's not unusual to see Flight Med docs in the Armed Forces who are DOs. They can take care of a lot of musculoskeletal issues without meds... This prevents the pilots from being grounded. A lot of AF fighter squadrons have at least a couple of DOs in their ranks for that very reason.

Bob, I wasn't at all surprised about it. I just think it's awesome to see us taking on more public roles. The fact that we are a minority creates this, not an inferiority complex.

Wow. A DO being successful. How novel. :sleep: