Other OT-Related Information NBCOT Prep Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureOT1085

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am studying for the NBCOT and am trying to decide if TherapyEd is worth purchasing? Thus far, I have been studying at least one AOTA PDF and the corresponding practice questions each day. I also have access to NBCOT's study pack, though have not found this to be super helpful. I also plan to use OT Miri's videos for additional knowledge. I am afraid that TherapyEd is too dense, and that I will not get my full money's worth out of it if I just use it for the practice exams. Any additional resources and advice is appreciated. Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I took my exam in 2017. I personally loved TherapyEd as the catch-all for content. Unfortunately, I cannot compare it to the AOTA PDF as I didn't used it. For me, it was helpful for me to understand not only the concentration of strengths and weaknesses but also break down why their answer is correct and my answer was less correct or blanketly wrong. It is helpful if you identify what you may need to spend more time in- pediatrics, phys dys, mental health, etc...