nbde 2 doubt, pls help..,

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashdent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
3 carpules(2ml, 40mg/ml) of Local anesthetic X is required to obtain adequate la. To obtain the same degree of anesthesia with la Y, 5 carpules(2ml, 40mg/ml) are required. If no other info abt the 2 drugs is available, then it is accurate to say tht the drug X,
a. is more potent thn drug Y
b. is less potent thn drug Y
c. is more efficacious thn drug Y
d. is less efficacious thn drug Y
e. X&Y are = in potency & efficacy.

i tht the ans is a. but in the ans bklet they say it is e.,:confused:., somebody plls help and explain y the ans is e!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

40 views and not even a single reply., anybody knows the ans., pls reply., it wd be very helpful.,

3 carpules(2ml, 40mg/ml) of Local anesthetic X is required to obtain adequate la. To obtain the same degree of anesthesia with la Y, 5 carpules(2ml, 40mg/ml) are required. If no other info abt the 2 drugs is available, then it is accurate to say tht the drug X,
a. is more potent thn drug Y
b. is less potent thn drug Y
c. is more efficacious thn drug Y
d. is less efficacious thn drug Y
e. X&Y are = in potency & efficacy.

i tht the ans is a. but in the ans bklet they say it is e.,:confused:., somebody plls help and explain y the ans is e!!!!!!!!!!

the answer is e (x and Y are equal in poth potency and efficacy).

the q is tricky one. you get anethesia with both x and y (so both are effective) and the question does not tell you anything about the potency of either one of those 2 agents. SO, the answer is e.

good luck with your exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
no the answer is a, it is a question from dental decks. x is more potent that y because you only need 3 carps to produce same as the 5 carps

even i thot the ans is a., but in the qsn booklet it says ans is e., dono which one to go with:scared:

Hi. I have 2 questions with the hope that someone can help me out.

The following are true about the most common rotary instrumentation systems except:
a. All have nickel titanium files
b. All rotate at approximately the same ram
c. All have files which will unravel or break after multiple uses
d. Some have shorter file + hand piece head length

I think "c" is definitely right. Please help. Thanks.

What are the drugs to treat Lidocaine sensitivity?

Last edited: