NBDE Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

12RandomQuestion21

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to get some feedback on whether or not I could be considered ready for the NBDE. I took the exam a few months ago and unfortunately did not pass. I received a 74 which was really close, but unfotunately not good enough. I have been studying for the last couple of months and have been able to go through dental decks on three of the subjects (for microbio/path I went through a study sheet that was based on dental decks but I didn't go through the cards for that section).

I've been scoring in the mid to upper 60s in most sections on the practice tests. Anatomy was averaging around 60s, Micro upper 60s-70s, Biochem about mid 60s, dental anatomy we have a separate 250 question test that's pretty intense and I was scoring in the mid 70s overall.

I know no one can say for sure, but my exam is next week and I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to whether I'm in a safe place to be taking the exam. Part of me thinks if I hit it super hard this week I can be ready, but part of me thinks it might be chancing it. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.