NBDE I Resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sas35

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be taking my NBDE at the end of the summer with plans to prepare during late June and the month of July. Seeking advice...

1) Was wondering if any current students who took the NBDE in the last year or two could give some recommendations about resources that helped with their studies?

2) Has anyone used either Crack the NBDE or Board Vitals NBDE Board Review QBank? If so, what was your opinion?

3) Any study plans/strategies?

I currently have First Aid review book, First Aid Q&A book, Mosby's review book.
I also intend to order some old exams for practice.

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

1) Dental Decks for base line knowledge
2) Do ASDA test L to get a feel for the questions
3) Chapters on bacteria, viruses, and fungal infection from Neville's OMP book
4) Memorize the heavy hitting information

Just took my boards and passed

Dental Decks one time through, Netter's Anatomy one time through focusing on head and neck.

Get down all your dental anatomy facts, it'll make up for the hazy path/histo/biochem stuff that you probably forgot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Spent about 3 weeks preparing during the semester and spring break. Went through dental decks (dental anatomy and anatomic sciences), didn't really study the other sections.
I found what helped most was the nbde mnemonics videos on YouTube especially the 100 dental anatomy facts and virus/bacteria ones. Super helpful. I was very confident on the dental anatomy section.
And also the nbde board mastery app. I got some repeat questions on the boards.

1. Dental Boards Mastery app

2-3 weeks and you're good to go

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for your post! For the dental board mastery app, besides the questions that repeated on the exam, did you find the app itself helpful and relevant? Ie; the other questions