NBDE II & CDCA Written - Study for together or no?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrRickJames

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

3rd year dental student here and just starting to look into taking these next exams. Haven't completely decided CDCA or WREB yet so still might be taking either licensure exam.

Originally I was planning on taking NBDE II this summer but due to the COVID-19 situation, my school has decided to shut down our clinic for at least the next two weeks. I'm starting to see this as an opportunity to study for boards and get it off my head later in the summer.

One thing I'm trying to take into account is the licensure written portion. I've heard some people like to take this close to their boards II studying. My question is if there is anything to gain by taking them close together? Is studying for them similar enough that it saves overall? Am I wasting time overall by taking them months apart?

Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

CDCA written portion is a piece of cake, google the quizlet and it's the exact same. I took mine a couple days after NBDE part 2. I only read over the quizlet the night before.

Reactions: 1 users