NBDE In-Office testing no longer available

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kramers

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a dilemma. I am currenting living abroad and will be in the US in late May. I have concluded that I won't be prepared to take the NBDE Part I in July.

I was afraid that the December testing date would jeopardize getting the applications to schools by their deadline (their scores take 6-8 weeks to be reported).

So my strategy was to take the exam at the ADA Office (the "in-office" testing option advertised in at the ADA website.)

BUT... I found out today that ADA is no longer giving these tests (they haven't updated their website). This forces me to take the test in December.

My question is this: is this too late for many of the schools that take foreign-trained dentists? I know that I can inquire into individual schools, but I'm hoping to get opinions from you guys on the best way to solve this problem. I really really really want to get into school in 2003, and can't afford to wait until 2004. :(

Thank you!

M.K.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Kramer,
Yes it will be late if you take your boards in Dec. Same happened with me for this year. But hey, this is March and you have plenty of time. I just read dental decks. In two months time I was ready for the exam. I am also out of touch with dentistry for a long time now. Besides all, I scored 88. Big deal??