NBDE part 1- 4th attempt and Tofel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrPshah

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have appeared for the NBDE part 1 exam 3 times from April 2016.
I am getting a score of 71 or 73. I just received my last result today. I was confident that I will clear my part 1 exam, so I had started my CAAPID Application for the 2018-2019 cycle.
But now I have to wait for 3 months to appear for the exam again.

My study materials included the following :

Dental Decks- 2-3 times
First Aid
300 dental anatomy facts
Pass the boards videos
ASDA JLMN
RQ files- S.J
Veronica
tangy
piya
Osmosis videos - on biochemistry
My notes

Can anyone please guide me with Biochemistry and Microbiology and what all resources I should be using to clear my basics and Pass the exam.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

where can we find Dr. Najeeb lecturers'.. please respond

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I am getting a score of 71 or 73. I just received my last result today. I was confident that I will clear my part 1 exam, so I had started my CAAPID Application for the 2018-2019 cycle.

Dental Decks- 2-3 times
First Aid
300 dental anatomy facts
Pass the boards videos
ASDA JLMN
RQ files- S.J
Veronica
tangy
piya
My notes

Can anyone please guide me with Biochemistry and Microbiology and what all resources I should be using to clear my basics and Pass the exam.

Hi are you appearing for fourth attempth. And can you give insight of how the exam is. I will be appearing next month part1.

Medical Biochemistry by John W Baynes, Medical Microbiology by Patrick R Murray
If you keep failing means, that you need to go back to basics, review materials are simply not enough

I thought that you could only fail three times before having to wait a year to retest? Am I misunderstanding something?

I would suggest you study the old released asda exam papers. You can find them in asdas website. So you have a better idea of where your flaws are. Do the questions and see where you fail and cover those parts really well. Good luck!

I would suggest you study the old released asda exam papers. You can find them in asdas website. So you have a better idea of where your flaws are. Do the questions and see where you fail and cover those parts really well. Good luck!
I agree with this, but please note that the format of the exams pre-1990 were slightly different (i.e. the question style) although the content was similar.

Hello,

Dental Decks- 2-3 times
First Aid
300 dental anatomy facts
Pass the boards videos
ASDA JLMN
RQ files- S.J
Veronica
tangy
piya
My notes

I would suggest Kaplan Qbank , the level of the question is more difficult than the actual exam but it can prepare you better.
I cleared my exam form the 1st attempt and I used dental decks, Kaplan Q bank and some ASDA released questions

good luck

how did you feel that Kaplan Qbank differed from the Dental Mastery App and released ASDA questions?

scores came in today- passed. In retrospect, if anyone is interested, I would say that the questions 1998 to present from the released exams were the most helpful and reflective of the test.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree with this, but please note that the format of the exams pre-1990 were slightly different (i.e. the question style) although the content was similar.

Yes, but not all of them are that old, i had a few of 2005 i remeber. But, you have the decs to help with the newest infos. The questions are a sort of training. I noticed that the pharmacology questions are old, you will meed the tufts pharmacology too. This is what i did to pass

scores came in today- passed. In retrospect, if anyone is interested, I would say that the questions 1998 to present from the released exams were the most helpful and reflective of the test.

Congrats! Itold you lol

Reactions: 1 user
You can take it up to 5 times
Really??? I think that you need to wait for 1 year to retest if you failed 3 times already? Isnt it this way?? Or they changed something that I am unaware of?? please reply

Really??? I think that you need to wait for 1 year to retest if you failed 3 times already? Isnt it this way?? Or they changed something that I am unaware of?? please reply
Agreed- I think I heard/read that you have to wait 12 mo. after your third unsuccessful attempt. In retrospect, I'm glad I rescheduled for a couple months later and waited to take it successfully

I am not sure, probably you need to wait. But you have 5 attempts. And now there will be a joined part 1&2. Jnbde. Something like that

Yes, you have to wait 12 months to retake the exam if you failed 3 times. I recently took my first try after studying for 15 days which was not sufficient to pass being an international student. Failed with score of 70 . Studying hard this time, if I pass will definately share my experience. Wish me luck guys

Reactions: 1 user
I am not sure, probably you need to wait. But you have 5 attempts. And now there will be a joined part 1&2. Jnbde. Something like that
I was concerned about this for Part 1 and its discontinuation; I think you are only eligible to take INBDE if you haven't attempted either part 1 or part 2. I may be incorrect, but that is the way it was presented to us in the info session for INBDE.

I was concerned about this for Part 1 and its discontinuation; I think you are only eligible to take INBDE if you haven't attempted either part 1 or part 2. I may be incorrect, but that is the way it was presented to us in the info session for INBDE.
I dont think so. You must go to their official website (asda) and there they have posted a list of how many attempts you can make for part 1 & 2 and how it is going to affect your attempt for INBDE. Must read!

I read it and talked to a few people- does this apply to Part II as well? I'm a bit confused on how that will work with the NBDE Part II test being discontinued in 2022