NBDE Part 1 mini breakdowns?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

A Sweet Tooth

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, would anyone mind posting this info about when they took their boards?

1) Materials used
2) Order of Materials used (roughly)
3) Time studied

Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Just took it in June.

Mastery app, decks (micro/path only), asda exams L M and N.

Studied for 2 weeks.

Passed first try.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Mastery app, PassTheDentalBoards slides (really liked these), and ASDA exams. Passed first try.

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
1. Decks — I split up the decks into 12 stacks. I went through decks 1.5 times (1 full times through the decks and only got through half the decks the second go around)

2. 300 Dental Anatomy Facts

3. Pass the Dental Board Vids for Biochem

4. Mastery App (just to see the percentage in each section)

5. Went through 1 ASDA Exam and felt discouraged because I did it the day before my actual boards. TBH, I was pretty depressed — I would suggest going through the ASDA exam a few days in advance. Lol.

I studied on and off for 2.5 months. Started end of May — studied 4 days straight for 8 hours a day (we had a break), then studied an hour a day for 3 days after that. Stopped studying for a whole month (for real, did not do anything). After that month, studied an hour-2 hours a day for 1 week and then studied 12-14 hours a day for the last 4 days up until the actual test day.

I passed first try. Message me for details if you’d like :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Bump to hear back from other people!!

And also for any tips about anatomy!