NBDE part 1 preparation !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlboro Lights

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

All those who are preparing for the part 1 or are planning to retake it kindly share your preparation strategy and the resources you are using.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Marlboro,

I'm a new member too & plan on taking part I this april. I've got a tonne of new books. My study sources r:

1. Dental Decks (2007)
2. Kaplan Medical NBDE part I Lecture notes
3. First aid for the NBDE I
4. Clinical Microbiology made ridiculously simple
5. Medical Microbiology (Jawetz, Melnick & Adelberg's)
6. Pathological Basis of disease (7th edition)
7. Immunobiology (6th edition)
8. Principles of biochemistry (Lehninger)
9. Basic Medical Biochemistry (2nd edition)
10. Textbook ofMedical Physiology (Guyton Hall)
11. Clinically Oriented Anatomy (Moore Dalley)
12. Gross Anatomy (Chung - BRS)
13. Textbook of Clinical Neuroanatomy
14. Dental Anatomy, Physiology & Occlusion (Wheeler's 8th edition)
15. Released exams

If you or anybody else is using anything else that is really good stuff respond back to this msg.

usmle review seems to be more complete...
i don't like kaplan's books at all...i relied on them too much and my result was 84 some years back.i have to retake part 1 ,now.did part2 ,just in case,but was told the part 2 was not so important...

hey prosthoz...u thnk review buk is nt gud enuf?wat all did u read 4 ur part 1 n hw much did u score?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I want to know if theres anybody that want to study for the nbde part I
I', a chilean dentist and taking the boards soon
I live in portland oregon

hello chile,
have u taken an appointment for NBDE 1?
did u successfully find someone to discuss stuff, here at sdn?
i'd love to group study. i have taken an appointment for the test on march 8

hi im planing to give nbde exam in march end .im in charlotte i want i want help from u all ,can u tell me is "first aid nbdepart1" is useful . well i have
1.kaplan book
2.dental decks 2007
3.releaved Q banks is that enough or still i have to read any thing else.n plz tell me abt fisrt aid for NBDEpart1.
thanku.

Hey Marlboro,

I'm a new member too & plan on taking part I this april. I've got a tonne of new books. My study sources r:

1. Dental Decks (2007)
2. Kaplan Medical NBDE part I Lecture notes
3. First aid for the NBDE I
4. Clinical Microbiology made ridiculously simple
5. Medical Microbiology (Jawetz, Melnick & Adelberg's)
6. Pathological Basis of disease (7th edition)
7. Immunobiology (6th edition)
8. Principles of biochemistry (Lehninger)
9. Basic Medical Biochemistry (2nd edition)
10. Textbook ofMedical Physiology (Guyton Hall)
11. Clinically Oriented Anatomy (Moore Dalley)
12. Gross Anatomy (Chung - BRS)
13. Textbook of Clinical Neuroanatomy
14. Dental Anatomy, Physiology & Occlusion (Wheeler's 8th edition)
15. Released exams

If you or anybody else is using anything else that is really good stuff respond back to this msg.

hi plz can u tell me is first aid for NBDEpart1 is useful , like wt all in that , so that i can buy it

hello chile,
have u taken an appointment for NBDE 1?
did u successfully find someone to discuss stuff, here at sdn?
i'd love to group study. i have taken an appointment for the test on march 8
hi m also giving my exam in march end, i am intersted in group let me know

hey people...
i am a new member ... i just started preparin for ndbe ...started with bioche .... can u tell me how to go about it .... what is important ... from where should i read ... i dont have my kaplan notes yet .... r the kaplan notes enough 4 biochem .... r should i refer textbook as well ??? what is the % of questions asked from biochem ... what r the important topics i have to emphasis on???.....plz help ... really confused:(

i am planning to take the test too 1st week of may, i also don't know where to start:confused:

Anybody who needs a study partner or if there are any study groups in New jersey area..please let me know.thanks

Anybody who needs a study partner or if there are any study groups in New jersey area..please let me know.thanks
Hi,
I live in Secaucus ,NJ. Planning to give the exam last week of march.Where do u live?
jrose.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everybody,

I'm a foreign dentist originally from India but graduated from South America. I'm looking for a dedicated study partner in manhattan for nbde part I. PM me if anyone's interested.

hey prosthoz...u thnk review buk is nt gud enuf?wat all did u read 4 ur part 1 n hw much did u score?

sorry.i just have been away for a while.i don't know what to say at this point. i find as much as i go through the sources,the less comfortable i feel.many little pieces i have to undig and it is very time consuming.you can email to me,please?

hi i live in newjersy too and even i'm looking for a study partner from nearby maybe jersy or manhattan..i do go for a kaplan classes in manhattan.so anybody in manhattan intersted as a study partner for nbde part 1 pls text me.i'm planning to give an exam this june 2008.

hi
i am apparing for foe nbde 1 to...need sum study partner...not yet started full fledged but nt getting how to start ....guide plzzzzzzzzz eh i am from NY ..

I m intersted for study partner
hi
i am apparing for foe nbde 1 to...need sum study partner...not yet started full fledged but nt getting how to start ....guide plzzzzzzzzz eh i am from NY ..

I can join u,if u r near to hillside ave,ny
hi

hi..im(female) in ny...cn do q discussion with u over phone...tking exam in july...

I dont want more than the passing score
do you guys think the Dental decks 07 + the old exams would be enough?
I already started with the Decks , I found them real smooth and easy , before that I tried the Kaplan book , it is really hard

thank you all :)

I dont want more than the passing score
do you guys think the Dental decks 07 + the old exams would be enough?
I already started with the Decks , I found them real smooth and easy , before that I tried the Kaplan book , it is really hard

thank you all :)

That's definitely not enough, the actual test questions are much harder... I took the exam in March and most of the questions I had never seen before. There were some repeats but not many. Best thing to do is know the theory from the books real well... I got a very disappointing 76 and i'm taking it again in July...:(

For Part 1, dental decks should be enough. There are other textbooks out there, however, if you think you need more help or need a more organized way to study.

Hi Can U Guide Me As To Whr Can I Get The Buk First Aid For Nbde . I Have To Tk Part 1 .

i have a 2001 deck..
should i buy 2007 one?
please let me know your opinion..

For Part 1, dental decks should be enough. There are other textbooks out there, however, if you think you need more help or need a more organized way to study.

Hi everyone,

I've read alot in these forums and have planned out to start with Dental Decks 2007,Kaplan and Crack NBDE(which I have just recently heard of) It would be great if I could find someone in the Tampa area(florida) if not then anyone interested in exchanging thoughts through phone or pm or whatever.

Anyone familiar with Crack NBDE by any chance?

hi m new to sdn...thought it wud be a lot of help if someone could temme is kaplan sufficient for gen anatomy...aaplicants from india is it better to read from bd chaurasia ? i was told tat kaplan is sufficient but goin thru it confuses meh ..as in isnt it too brief?....if i m wrong then plz update meh asap coz its damn confusin..and tats the last thing i want...i would appreciate suggestions for ne other book as well...thx

hey i stay in brooklyn and i am also planning for nbde and need study partner

hi
iam in illinois preparing for part 1 .any body nearby to discuss for the exam
preferably a female

I am in Illinois too and I am a female. Where exactly are you and how much preparation have you done by now? PM me

hey hi this is dental surgeon from india i need some study group doing my masters in public health in florida.. in case you can help me ..with shall wait for your reply..thanks

hey i stay in brooklyn and i am also planning for nbde and need study partner
Hello

i live in nj.i am looking for a study partner for nbde part 1.i need information regarding that ,is it sufficient to prepare only multiple choices in decks or i need to go thorough with the explination.

thank you

Hi,

You have to go through the explanation. That is more important & it gives some information apart from Kaplan notes & decks.

hi folks;
i m planning to take part 1 in march/09. if anyone who aims to get a score about 90 and interested to find a study partner , let me know please..
cheers
gurhan
[email protected]

Hey gaya and Shal 630, i am in IL too studying on NBDE part 1 and will give exam in Dec. Let me know if you guys wanna talk and discuss questions.

Hi niarora
U can pm me how you want to go about the preparation. I too am planning to give it in dec.

Hi everyone,

I've read alot in these forums and have planned out to start with Dental Decks 2007,Kaplan and Crack NBDE(which I have just recently heard of) It would be great if I could find someone in the Tampa area(florida) if not then anyone interested in exchanging thoughts through phone or pm or whatever.

Anyone familiar with Crack NBDE by any chance?

hi there....wel i too hav just started to prepare for part 1 and looking for more precise resources. i m frm tampa so wat material r u working on presently.

hey everyone,
i'm looking for a serious study partner for nbde1, preferably Persian female.

I am taking the nbde part 1 next month... is there any one out there want's to share some good tips,,,,,,:oops: i live in west palm beach florida .... anyone who's looking for study partner...? thanks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.