-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NBDE part 1 preparation !
Started by Marlboro Lights
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Hey Marlboro,
I'm a new member too & plan on taking part I this april. I've got a tonne of new books. My study sources r:
1. Dental Decks (2007)
2. Kaplan Medical NBDE part I Lecture notes
3. First aid for the NBDE I
4. Clinical Microbiology made ridiculously simple
5. Medical Microbiology (Jawetz, Melnick & Adelberg's)
6. Pathological Basis of disease (7th edition)
7. Immunobiology (6th edition)
8. Principles of biochemistry (Lehninger)
9. Basic Medical Biochemistry (2nd edition)
10. Textbook ofMedical Physiology (Guyton Hall)
11. Clinically Oriented Anatomy (Moore Dalley)
12. Gross Anatomy (Chung - BRS)
13. Textbook of Clinical Neuroanatomy
14. Dental Anatomy, Physiology & Occlusion (Wheeler's 8th edition)
15. Released exams
If you or anybody else is using anything else that is really good stuff respond back to this msg.
I'm a new member too & plan on taking part I this april. I've got a tonne of new books. My study sources r:
1. Dental Decks (2007)
2. Kaplan Medical NBDE part I Lecture notes
3. First aid for the NBDE I
4. Clinical Microbiology made ridiculously simple
5. Medical Microbiology (Jawetz, Melnick & Adelberg's)
6. Pathological Basis of disease (7th edition)
7. Immunobiology (6th edition)
8. Principles of biochemistry (Lehninger)
9. Basic Medical Biochemistry (2nd edition)
10. Textbook ofMedical Physiology (Guyton Hall)
11. Clinically Oriented Anatomy (Moore Dalley)
12. Gross Anatomy (Chung - BRS)
13. Textbook of Clinical Neuroanatomy
14. Dental Anatomy, Physiology & Occlusion (Wheeler's 8th edition)
15. Released exams
If you or anybody else is using anything else that is really good stuff respond back to this msg.
usmle review seems to be more complete...
i don't like kaplan's books at all...i relied on them too much and my result was 84 some years back.i have to retake part 1 ,now.did part2 ,just in case,but was told the part 2 was not so important...
i don't like kaplan's books at all...i relied on them too much and my result was 84 some years back.i have to retake part 1 ,now.did part2 ,just in case,but was told the part 2 was not so important...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi im planing to give nbde exam in march end .im in charlotte i want i want help from u all ,can u tell me is "first aid nbdepart1" is useful . well i have
1.kaplan book
2.dental decks 2007
3.releaved Q banks is that enough or still i have to read any thing else.n plz tell me abt fisrt aid for NBDEpart1.
thanku.
1.kaplan book
2.dental decks 2007
3.releaved Q banks is that enough or still i have to read any thing else.n plz tell me abt fisrt aid for NBDEpart1.
thanku.
Hey Marlboro,
I'm a new member too & plan on taking part I this april. I've got a tonne of new books. My study sources r:
1. Dental Decks (2007)
2. Kaplan Medical NBDE part I Lecture notes
3. First aid for the NBDE I
4. Clinical Microbiology made ridiculously simple
5. Medical Microbiology (Jawetz, Melnick & Adelberg's)
6. Pathological Basis of disease (7th edition)
7. Immunobiology (6th edition)
8. Principles of biochemistry (Lehninger)
9. Basic Medical Biochemistry (2nd edition)
10. Textbook ofMedical Physiology (Guyton Hall)
11. Clinically Oriented Anatomy (Moore Dalley)
12. Gross Anatomy (Chung - BRS)
13. Textbook of Clinical Neuroanatomy
14. Dental Anatomy, Physiology & Occlusion (Wheeler's 8th edition)
15. Released exams
If you or anybody else is using anything else that is really good stuff respond back to this msg.
hi plz can u tell me is first aid for NBDEpart1 is useful , like wt all in that , so that i can buy it
hi m also giving my exam in march end, i am intersted in group let me knowhello chile,
have u taken an appointment for NBDE 1?
did u successfully find someone to discuss stuff, here at sdn?
i'd love to group study. i have taken an appointment for the test on march 8
hey people...
i am a new member ... i just started preparin for ndbe ...started with bioche .... can u tell me how to go about it .... what is important ... from where should i read ... i dont have my kaplan notes yet .... r the kaplan notes enough 4 biochem .... r should i refer textbook as well ??? what is the % of questions asked from biochem ... what r the important topics i have to emphasis on???.....plz help ... really confused🙁
i am a new member ... i just started preparin for ndbe ...started with bioche .... can u tell me how to go about it .... what is important ... from where should i read ... i dont have my kaplan notes yet .... r the kaplan notes enough 4 biochem .... r should i refer textbook as well ??? what is the % of questions asked from biochem ... what r the important topics i have to emphasis on???.....plz help ... really confused🙁
is this true??? does it help to do usmle review.... is it a single book of all subjects😕usmle review seems to be more complete......
Hi,Anybody who needs a study partner or if there are any study groups in New jersey area..please let me know.thanks
I live in Secaucus ,NJ. Planning to give the exam last week of march.Where do u live?
jrose.
Hey everybody,
I'm a foreign dentist originally from India but graduated from South America. I'm looking for a dedicated study partner in manhattan for nbde part I. PM me if anyone's interested.
I'm a foreign dentist originally from India but graduated from South America. I'm looking for a dedicated study partner in manhattan for nbde part I. PM me if anyone's interested.
hey prosthoz...u thnk review buk is nt gud enuf?wat all did u read 4 ur part 1 n hw much did u score?
sorry.i just have been away for a while.i don't know what to say at this point. i find as much as i go through the sources,the less comfortable i feel.many little pieces i have to undig and it is very time consuming.you can email to me,please?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm from jersey when are you planing to take the test (nbde part 1)
hi i live in newjersy too and even i'm looking for a study partner from nearby maybe jersy or manhattan..i do go for a kaplan classes in manhattan.so anybody in manhattan intersted as a study partner for nbde part 1 pls text me.i'm planning to give an exam this june 2008.
I m intersted for study partner
hi
i am apparing for foe nbde 1 to...need sum study partner...not yet started full fledged but nt getting how to start ....guide plzzzzzzzzz eh i am from NY ..
I can join u,if u r near to hillside ave,ny
hi
i am apparing for foe nbde 1 to...need sum study partner...not yet started full fledged but nt getting how to start ....guide plzzzzzzzzz eh i am from NY ..
[qu
Last edited:
I too need a study partner.Pl. contact me if u still need one.I m intersted for study partner
I dont want more than the passing score
do you guys think the Dental decks 07 + the old exams would be enough?
I already started with the Decks , I found them real smooth and easy , before that I tried the Kaplan book , it is really hard
thank you all 🙂
do you guys think the Dental decks 07 + the old exams would be enough?
I already started with the Decks , I found them real smooth and easy , before that I tried the Kaplan book , it is really hard
thank you all 🙂
I dont want more than the passing score
do you guys think the Dental decks 07 + the old exams would be enough?
I already started with the Decks , I found them real smooth and easy , before that I tried the Kaplan book , it is really hard
thank you all 🙂
That's definitely not enough, the actual test questions are much harder... I took the exam in March and most of the questions I had never seen before. There were some repeats but not many. Best thing to do is know the theory from the books real well... I got a very disappointing 76 and i'm taking it again in July...🙁
For Part 1, dental decks should be enough. There are other textbooks out there, however, if you think you need more help or need a more organized way to study.
i have a 2001 deck..
should i buy 2007 one?
please let me know your opinion..
should i buy 2007 one?
please let me know your opinion..
For Part 1, dental decks should be enough. There are other textbooks out there, however, if you think you need more help or need a more organized way to study.
Hi everyone,
I've read alot in these forums and have planned out to start with Dental Decks 2007,Kaplan and Crack NBDE(which I have just recently heard of) It would be great if I could find someone in the Tampa area(florida) if not then anyone interested in exchanging thoughts through phone or pm or whatever.
Anyone familiar with Crack NBDE by any chance?
I've read alot in these forums and have planned out to start with Dental Decks 2007,Kaplan and Crack NBDE(which I have just recently heard of) It would be great if I could find someone in the Tampa area(florida) if not then anyone interested in exchanging thoughts through phone or pm or whatever.
Anyone familiar with Crack NBDE by any chance?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi m new to sdn...thought it wud be a lot of help if someone could temme is kaplan sufficient for gen anatomy...aaplicants from india is it better to read from bd chaurasia ? i was told tat kaplan is sufficient but goin thru it confuses meh ..as in isnt it too brief?....if i m wrong then plz update meh asap coz its damn confusin..and tats the last thing i want...i would appreciate suggestions for ne other book as well...thx
I live in south, do u like joinin me? pls pm me if u wanna do it.thanks
hey i stay in brooklyn and i am also planning for nbde and need study partner
Hellohey i stay in brooklyn and i am also planning for nbde and need study partner
i live in nj.i am looking for a study partner for nbde part 1.i need information regarding that ,is it sufficient to prepare only multiple choices in decks or i need to go thorough with the explination.
thank you
Hi,
You have to go through the explanation. That is more important & it gives some information apart from Kaplan notes & decks.
You have to go through the explanation. That is more important & it gives some information apart from Kaplan notes & decks.
hi folks;
i m planning to take part 1 in march/09. if anyone who aims to get a score about 90 and interested to find a study partner , let me know please..
cheers
gurhan
[email protected]
i m planning to take part 1 in march/09. if anyone who aims to get a score about 90 and interested to find a study partner , let me know please..
cheers
gurhan
[email protected]
Hi everyone,
I've read alot in these forums and have planned out to start with Dental Decks 2007,Kaplan and Crack NBDE(which I have just recently heard of) It would be great if I could find someone in the Tampa area(florida) if not then anyone interested in exchanging thoughts through phone or pm or whatever.
Anyone familiar with Crack NBDE by any chance?
hi there....wel i too hav just started to prepare for part 1 and looking for more precise resources. i m frm tampa so wat material r u working on presently.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I 'm preparing for the exam too so how did you find it so far ?Hey gaya and Shal 630, i am in IL too studying on NBDE part 1 and will give exam in Dec. Let me know if you guys wanna talk and discuss questions.
hei guys im in greensboro and looking for a serious study partner, im giving exam at end of november, please contact me at [email protected]
- Status
- Not open for further replies.