NBDE Part 2 in June??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrFlap

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone there who is going to give his/her part 2 exam in june 2012?

Members don't see this ad.

I am also planning to take part 2 in june .I am in Michigan . Have u started or where do u stand in preparation ?
You can contact me at [email protected]:)

Members don't see this ad :)
hi there!!I'm planning to give nbde 2 around june or perhaps a lil later ..but havent started studying yet...what abt u all n what materials n study aids will u be using??

I'm also planning. Started with Oral path. Using Decks, mosby and Question papers.

lets join together.. and get this out of our way guys...

i am also giving my part 2 in June. Anyone interested in daily discussion

Read the thread carefully.He/she wants to give it in June 2012.Looks like you all want to give it in 2011.

I am also planning to take part 2 in june .I am in Michigan . Have u started or where do u stand in preparation ?
You can contact me at [email protected]:)

I will take part II as well, perhaps after June. I am also in Michigan. I got waitlisted from 2 schools this year. Really feel defeated.:(

hey guys.. i am also starting the prep with u all.. but do u think this will be good time? i mean if we want to consider west coast schools dead lines.. there may be chance tht we wont have our scores yet during their application...

another thing.. april is starting... 3 months will suffice for part 2? i am just getting more indept thinking from you ppl...

please do reply.

Hey friends.. I m planning to give the exam in July 2011... Can u pls advice what to study???? Can anyone interested in group study????
Thnx...

Hello all,
I am planning to give part 2 around July 2011 too,, but I am still looking for the books,,
and sure I am interested to study with a female study partner

I am also planning to write part2 in September 2011.
All The Best !! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
i will also be giving part 2 in june .can u plz share the best materials for part 2.

hi denty !! I'm sailing in the same boat as u will be starting prep for nbde 2 in the process of collecting books gimme ur email id n lets see if we can study together

my mistake..I mean june 2011

I ma about to complete subjects...prostho & pedo left..My email ID is [email protected] can mail me...reading mosby,deck.first aid & Q bank..

hi denty !! I'm sailing in the same boat as u will be starting prep for nbde 2 in the process of collecting books gimme ur email id n lets see if we can study together
Hello

I am looking for a female study partner ..

I will also be giving part 2 in june and interested in study partner

I will take part II as well, perhaps after June. I am also in Michigan. I got waitlisted from 2 schools this year. Really feel defeated.:(

to dentist4ever: don't feel so..even I felt bad once..but my dad told me that challenges are part of life & we must accept..No challenges= monotonous life..so keep going..lets complete part 2

i will also be giving part 2 in june .can u plz share the best materials for part 2.

the best is mosby,deck & asda..I ma doing mosby & its really worth reading..

Hello everybody. I took my part 2 in march. Better know your stuff, pay attention to Pharma, and Endo and Mosby book is good for thatm, also you can try Kaplan part 2, and not the last mosbys has a cd with practice tests, I would highly reccomend that. xRays are not great so dont rush through cases make sure you reconcile everything by looking on i/o pictures and periochart, sometimes they will give you clues what they asking, good luck.

Thanks for the information firstmolar.
I hope you passed with good score !! All the best for future endeavors. :thumbup:

Hello everybody. I took my part 2 in march. Better know your stuff, pay attention to Pharma, and Endo and Mosby book is good for thatm, also you can try Kaplan part 2, and not the last mosbys has a cd with practice tests, I would highly reccomend that. xRays are not great so dont rush through cases make sure you reconcile everything by looking on i/o pictures and periochart, sometimes they will give you clues what they asking, good luck.

Thanks firstmolar...your piece of advise will really help me & a lot of students here..!!wish me luck..

Thanks firstmolar...your piece of advise will really help me & a lot of students here..!!wish me luck..
Hi I passed with 82, and Im accepted in dental school so I'm allset.
Good luck, there is enough time for the test so take your time dont rush through the questions esp in the afternoon part. If not sure which answer is than reverse the best answer that you think it may be into the question and see if they match. Good luck guys

Good luck, there is enough time for the test so take your time dont rush through the questions esp in the afternoon part. If not sure which answer is than reverse the best answer that you think it may be into the question and see if they match. Good luck guys

Thank you...& one last Q..What should i do in last month b4 exam??

Hi lets do it ,im in virginia .What study materials do u have

Congrats! Firstmolar, Very good score. Good luck in your school.
Please let us know how to handle prep for all subjects from various sources. How did you do it.

Hello everybody. I took my part 2 in march. Better know your stuff, pay attention to Pharma, and Endo and Mosby our book is good for thatm, also you can try Kaplan part 2, and not the last mosbys has a cd with practice tests, I would highly reccomend that. xRays are not great so dont rush through cases make sure you reconcile everything by looking on i/o pictures and periochart, sometimes they will give you clues what they asking, good luck.

Please let us know how to handle prep for all subjects from various sources. How did you do it.[/QUOTE}
Listen guys if you have some dental experience in US than you now how a dental office works here. That how they ask the questions. Said that you've got to know your emergencies and patient management. Dont get crazy like what forceps for what tooth, common sense stuff. I did last pharma because was my weak point and I did the best in pharma, so go through as many tests possible and rally think before you answer, dont rush, I have about 5 years exp in US so I saw lots of cases, so I knew where my weak points are, that what I studied the most. But looking on tests could be helpful to identify your own weak points. Hope this helps, good luck.

Please let us know how to handle prep for all subjects from various sources. How did you do it.[/QUOTE}
Listen guys if you have some dental experience in US than you now how a dental office works here. That how they ask the questions. Said that you've got to know your emergencies and patient management. Dont get crazy like what forceps for what tooth, common sense stuff. I did last pharma because was my weak point and I did the best in pharma, so go through as many tests possible and rally think before you answer, dont rush, I have about 5 years exp in US so I saw lots of cases, so I knew where my weak points are, that what I studied the most. But looking on tests could be helpful to identify your own weak points. Hope this helps, good luck.

really very good information!!! :xf::xf::xf: tensed for the exam...

thanks a lot for the info firstmolar!!

okay lets do it whats ur mail id , i need somemore studymaterials like decks, kaplan since i only have mosby

Hi guys just wanted to know something regad preparation.Actually i justed wanted to know that after u do mosby and dental decks for each subject ,then from where u do Mcqs or check myself for that subject?can u tell me gud material other than past papers.thanks

Hi guys just wanted to know something regad preparation.Actually i justed wanted to know that after u do mosby and dental decks for each subject ,then from where u do Mcqs or check myself for that subject?can u tell me gud material other than past papers.thanks
you can try kaplan q bank online. or the mosby's cd , it has good no. high quality questions

you can try kaplan q bank online. or the mosby's cd , it has good no. high quality questions

Hi,toothfairyqueen. How is ur preparation going on?
as you already schedule ur test..I just wanted to ask you that, how can i check dates available for part 2?..as we can't on web but they give u options on phone. i want to schedule my exam in May..if possible.
please advice about last month study plan.

Good luck for exam.

Hi Firstmolar, You have given valuable info.
When I'm with asda papers how much should I score to get an actual score of 80 and above in the real exam. This will help me get an idea that I am prepared to take the test.

Thanks for your feedback..

Hi,toothfairyqueen. How is ur preparation going on?
as you already schedule ur test..I just wanted to ask you that, how can i check dates available for part 2?..as we can't on web but they give u options on phone. i want to schedule my exam in May..if possible.
please advice about last month study plan.

Good luck for exam.

got to prometic website. you can chk the dates for nbde part 2 in a same way as you do it for part 1. only diff is tht u cnt book it online. FOLLOW THESE STEP AT
prometric.com,
select american dental association, locate a test center, search for seat availabilty, select nbde part 2., enter ur city/zip code

got to prometic website. you can chk the dates for nbde part 2 in a same way as you do it for part 1. only diff is tht u cnt book it online. FOLLOW THESE STEP AT
prometric.com,
select american dental association, locate a test center, search for seat availabilty, select nbde part 2., enter ur city/zip code

Thanks..toothfairyqueen.

Hi, If I would be you I would start with Kpalan notes, has the most info, the most pages to read. If you dont rush and pay attention to the material than go to mosbys book, has lots of good material in and some of it its not in kaplan but overall less than kaplan, than the first aid at the end that has lots of mnemonics. in the meantime try to do the mosbys cd and any other tests that you can put your hands on, but just after you finish the chapter, so before you move to a new book you know allready what you know and what not, try not to get crazy with dental decks, lots of mistakes and old material and if you ralize that someting is wrong than you know the mateial and you dont need the dd, but you dont realize and dont know than you will be learning the wrong way, the tests are good just to force you think in a certain way, I had the release exams all of them that are available and I went through them and I dont remember having any of them on my test, but they are good in a way that the way they ask the question so you can check your knowledge base. Hope this helps, dont rush with the test because you have one shot, at least until 2012, if you get 75 and have a low score on part 1 than the chances to get into a dental school are low. Next year they will go to pass/fail so everybody will be in the same boat. Hey good luck to you all, you work very hard and diserve a round of aplause. See ya

hey hi diya2010 even i'm giving in july lets start a group discussion and motivate each other ...n we have only few months to hit our target

hey guys I am taking my exam too. I am in Arizona. Would love to have some serious study partner.
Contact me if interested for daily discussions.
I am doing Prostho right now.
[email protected]

I got an interview from UC Denver in May. But wana be done with part II. So I can live with peace.:)

hi guys , after readin all these posts its obvious tht many people r setting d goal of completing part 2 preparation in just 3 MONTHS... am really motivated to do d same but at d same time bit doubtful :( any suggestion or advice ? plzzz

hi guys , after readin all these posts its obvious tht many people r setting d goal of completing part 2 preparation in just 3 MONTHS... am really motivated to do d same but at d same time bit doubtful :( any suggestion or advice ? plzzz

trust yourself..You are already dentist...so you know certain things very well..so calm down...