Nbde1 -done!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentals

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I had my NBDE1 on August 13th. It was a long day for me, but I made it through.

Some things were easy, some were from old tests, and some just very difficult. The biggest problem is timing-there was no time to go over and do some things again.
It is great that I got my results a week later but score was just 87.
I am glad I have passed it, but, still I was expecting more than that since I have been studying so hard and working long hours at part time job.
Material that I used:

-Decks (2004)
-Old tests
-Kaplan (just at the beginning and decided that was to hard to study just from it)
-Wikipedia-that is great tool!
-USMLE-(Cell biology)
-Ridiculously Simple ( Micro and some Bio)
- Some of the books recommended by ADA, when first time studied Decks (Grant's Anatomy, Histology, Biochemistry..)

After realizing that nbde you could study for years, I just started using Decks and old exams.

I am just glad It is over and can not wait to go on vacation (I deserve it after all)!

Thank you all for good posts and advices; this is great site for us.
I wish you all success!

Hope some will find this helpful!

DENTALS

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for u r input.
Congratulations.looks like u worked hard.Good luck with the applications.
can u tell us some basics topics covered during u r test?

Congratulations.good job

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!!! You made it!

out of interest what score do most dental schools in US ask for on NDBE part 1 and also what are dental decks?

well done btw.

congratulations!!!!great work!!!studying and a job cannot be a piece of cake!good luck with applications and admissions.:thumbup::thumbup:
Hi everyone!

I had my NBDE1 on August 13th. It was a long day for me, but I made it through.

Some things were easy, some were from old tests, and some just very difficult. The biggest problem is timing-there was no time to go over and do some things again.
It is great that I got my results a week later but score was just 87.
I am glad I have passed it, but, still I was expecting more than that since I have been studying so hard and working long hours at part time job.
Material that I used:

-Decks (2004)
-Old tests
-Kaplan (just at the beginning and decided that was to hard to study just from it)
-Wikipedia-that is great tool!
-USMLE-(Cell biology)
-Ridiculously Simple ( Micro and some Bio)
- Some of the books recommended by ADA, when first time studied Decks (Grant's Anatomy, Histology, Biochemistry..)

After realizing that nbde you could study for years, I just started using Decks and old exams.

I am just glad It is over and can not wait to go on vacation (I deserve it after all)!

Thank you all for good posts and advices; this is great site for us.
I wish you all success!

Hope some will find this helpful!

DENTALS