NBEO Certificates

Started by qwopty99
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

qwopty99

Optometrist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi folks

Just wondering. What certificates are awarded after completion of the NBEO?

After passing all 3 parts, I got a certificate stating I had passed all 3 sections of the NBEO (and I think it also says I passed the TMOD - don't have it handy).

The thing is, I recently saw someone who had a certificate saying he passed the TMOD. The certificate was in the same format/structure as the "all-parts" certificate that I got, but the certificate was only for the TMOD.

Do folks typically get a certificate for BOTH the TMOD and "all-3-parts"? Or if they get the "all-parts" certificate, then the Boards typically do not send a TMOD-only certificate?

Thanks.
 
Last edited:
I just got the "all parts" one. Has this other OD been out of school for a while?
 
Hi folks

Just wondering. What certificates are awarded after completion of the NBEO?

After passing all 3 parts, I got a certificate stating I had passed all 3 sections of the NBEO (and I think it also says I passed the TMOD - don't have it handy).

The thing is, I recently saw someone who had a certificate saying he passed the TMOD. The certificate was in the same format/structure as the "all-parts" certificate that I got, but the certificate was only for the TMOD.

Do folks typically get a certificate for BOTH the TMOD and "all-3-parts"? Or if they get the "all-parts" certificate, then the Boards typically do not send a TMOD-only certificate?

Thanks.

You don't need to pass the TMOD to pass the NBEO. Therefore, some will receive a TMOD only certificate later on if they wish to pass that section. (TMOD is only required in certain states).
Hope that helps.