NBEO Part 3

Started by Dani91
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dani91

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I recently got my part 3 results and I am confused as to how I did not pass. My results showed I did well in the majority of my skills and sure I did not get a perfect score on all of them, but I didn't do terrible or have some huge catastrophe occur. I felt confident on the day of boards and thought that every station went well, however they scored me super low in psychomotor and clinical observation. I never ran out of time or had to repeat any of my skills. I felt that I developed a good bond with each of my patients to the extent the exam allowed. I was also able to perform each skill on the first attempt and did receive the maximum number of points for areas like gonio, collagen implants, BIO, 78/90D, etc. These are skills that I would feel play into psychomotor, therefore I'm not sure what they are looking for in terms of how I can improve. I also made sure to call out and communicate all of my findings so I am feeling very defeated at this point and unsure how to proceed.

I did not recall fumbling around or having a lack of motor skills throughout the exam. I'm considering appealing the score, but I'm not sure if that would be beneficial.

I'd appreciate any advice or thoughts that you may have!
 
I am having exactly the same problem. I don’t think this is just you and me because I found a forum just like this..
 
I am having exactly the same problem. I don’t think this is just you and me because I found a forum just like this..

Hmm it seems kind of strange since I feel like most of us follow a "script" as to what findings to call out throughout the exam and it's what my friends used too and they managed to pass. Are you re-taking it?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes I am retaking it.. have you decided what you are going to do?

I've signed up for a date to retake it, but I'm still contemplating the appeal. I think I just want some answers as to what I did wrong or need to improve on because at this point even when I retake I don't know what to fix/change so how would it go any better? Did you speak to anyone to see if they'd tell you more specifics behind psychomotor?