-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NBEO Part I Scores
Started by rpames
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
63.5% = Passing. 😱AC215 said:Pass - Fail Cutoff Score (Raw): 254
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finger and toes crossed.rpames said:So, our scores were mailed out Wednesday morning. They should have been here today, but the mailman did not have them. He said they should be here tomorrow!
Start praying for us everyone.
I didn't get my scores today, either. 🙁
AC215 said:Pass - Fail Cutoff Score (Raw): 254
Mean Score (Raw): 278
Pass Rate(%): 72
👍 or 👎 😕
AC '07
the pass rate percentage is higher than the year I took it then.. my year it was 68%
Good luck guys !!!
I remember what hell that was waiting for scores !! Sound out when you get them 🙂r_salis said:Finger and toes crossed.
I didn't get my scores today, either. 🙁
..... Ahhh the wait is too much to bear...

I got my scores in the mail today, and
I passed!!!

I passed!!!

r_salis said:I got my scores in the mail today, and
I passed!!!
![]()
![]()
![]()
Congrats to "La Reine de "Pass""

happy7 said:I passed too 🙂 What is a "good" scaled score? I have no idea what mine means..
anything that says 'pass' after it.... it really doesn't matter after that 😀
cpw said:anything that says 'pass' after it.... it really doesn't matter after that 😀
😀rpames -- my score was sent to school, too, but it went to my home address as well. (Though if you didn't get it in today's mail, you'll still have to wait until Monday. 🙁 )rpames said:Congrats, I'm still waiting.
I think my score is going to the school so I wont get it until Monday. 😡
😀Opii said:Congrats to "La Reine de "Pass""![]()
Have you gotten your scores yet, Opii?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
r_salis said:rpames -- my score was sent to school, too, but it went to my home address as well. (Though if you didn't get it in today's mail, you'll still have to wait until Monday. 🙁 )
the schools get scores after you do... although, for part 2 I did get them from my school a week and a half AFTER they were released (since my scores got lost in the mail) 😡
r_salis said:😀
Have you gotten your scores yet, Opii?
Nope. Practically jumped on the Mailman today (poor guy). Now I have to wait until Monday I guess. 😕
happy7 said:I passed too 🙂 What is a "good" scaled score? I have no idea what mine means..
Doing the Happy Dance for Happy... 👍
👍Scores come today....
If I passed I'll go to church everyday for the rest of my life...well maybe not...but at least more than I do now.
I don't want to spend the $625 again. I think it's still on my credit card. Not only that but I don't really know how I would change the way I studied.
Hoping for the best,
Eyegirl.
If I passed I'll go to church everyday for the rest of my life...well maybe not...but at least more than I do now.
I don't want to spend the $625 again. I think it's still on my credit card. Not only that but I don't really know how I would change the way I studied.
Hoping for the best,
Eyegirl.
Victory is mine! 😍
yay to both of you 🙂 😀 

Congrats rpames and eyegirl! Go Team 2007! 😀
eyegirl
rpames
opii
r_salis
Team 2007 NBEO Board Rockage 😀
(Congrats opii!!!)
rpames
opii
r_salis
Team 2007 NBEO Board Rockage 😀
(Congrats opii!!!)
yay opii !! 

Say, I was wondering if you all would share with me how much it cost to take each part of the NEBO, and are they still charging an additional initial registration fee when you take NBEO part 1? I was told that the current cost of the NBEO's are much more than what other health professions pay for their national board exams. 😱 Is this true? 😕
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rpie said:Say, I was wondering if you all would share with me how much it cost to take each part of the NEBO, and are they still charging an additional initial registration fee when you take NBEO part 1? I was told that the current cost of the NBEO's are much more than what other health professions pay for their national board exams. 😱 Is this true? 😕
http://www.optometry.org/fees.cfm
Sit down and take a big breath before entering page.

Since there are so many more medical students than opto students, they can afford to make it cheaper for med students, from what I've heard.
Opii said:http://www.optometry.org/fees.cfm
Sit down and take a big breath before entering page.
Since there are so many more medical students than opto students, they can afford to make it cheaper for med students, from what I've heard.
OMG!
I almost fell out of my seat ! When I took the NBEOs it was about 275 for each part, and the TMOD was about 290, and I though that was too high. Anyhow congratulations to all that passed.Thanks-
nat'l passage rate was 72%
sco's passage rate was 92% yeah!!!!
sco's passage rate was 92% yeah!!!!
Hmmm,
I wonder what ours was?
Eyegirl.
I wonder what ours was?
Eyegirl.
Opii said:http://www.optometry.org/fees.cfm
Sit down and take a big breath before entering page.
Since there are so many more medical students than opto students, they can afford to make it cheaper for med students, from what I've heard.
It's still a scam and a ridiculous amount of money.
Problem is, they could make it $5000 for each part and you would still have to pay it.
When I took it, I believe it was $365 for each part and that was just a few years ago. What's with the huge increase? Any POSSIBLE justification for it? No. They're doing it, much like the gas prices. Because they can.
KHE said:It's still a scam and a ridiculous amount of money.
Problem is, they could make it $5000 for each part and you would still have to pay it.
When I took it, I believe it was $365 for each part and that was just a few years ago. What's with the huge increase? Any POSSIBLE justification for it? No. They're doing it, much like the gas prices. Because they can.
I agree, another reason is they have to write more test questions for the bank because some students recall and copy questions, they have to rewrite new questions for future exams. But how much money does it take to write up a question? $500 dollars? $600? I'm just quoting what I've been told . I agree it's questionable.
SUNY's passage rate was 94%!sco1styear said:nat'l passage rate was 72%
sco's passage rate was 92% yeah!!!!

(Hi Dr. S.! 😀)
K
Kristene9
I heard the other day that UAB's Pass rate was 90%.
Great job UAB and SUNY!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 237
...Phew...