NBME 19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ma Deuce

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
NBME 19 just came out, and I am slated to take my exam Monday. Should I say screw it and not take it since I was giving my test monday anyhow?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, that was the new nbme 19- beyond grateful. When i saw pass my HR immediately dropped BC I just wanted at least that after how i felt. I think you'll be fine. When i found out this morning that scores would be released, one of my friends told me that she thinks the curve is nicer than you think, and she guessed on 50% for some... Take that with a grain of salt but she took it in a different time period.
I'll pray for a good score for you

Sent from my Moto G Play using SDN mobile
Congrats!!!!

It's an amazing score and I'm very happy for you :)

I'm taking the test on Tuesday, April 18th... Yeah, I waited 2 weeks for a new permit :(

Can you remind me your NBME scores? I'm very happy for you :))

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!!!!

It's an amazing score and I'm very happy for you :)

I'm taking the test on Tuesday, April 18th... Yeah, I waited 2 weeks for a new permit :(

Can you remind me your NBME scores? I'm very happy for you :))
198/19_(can't remember but it was passing)... Nbme 16+18... Then i pushed my exam back a month and then 5 days before my test date I got 211 on nbme 19.

Good luck on your exam!!

NBME 19 is somewhat odd, I made only 12 mistakes and got 252 , when 3 days prior to that, I had taken NBME 18 in which 18 mistakes also corresponded to 252

Members don't see this ad :)
The curve seems to be insanely steep, I just hope that the real deal's results won't be based on a similar curve
Yeah...I think it'll be based on the difficulty of the test in that month...BC mine was hella vague to the point that I truly felt half of the exam was consistent of experimental questions, so I thought I failed...But it was okay. I heard the curve is a bit gracious than you think, especially if you think it's difficult afterwards

Yeah...I think it'll be based on the difficulty of the test in that month...BC mine was hella vague to the point that I truly felt half of the exam was consistent of experimental questions, so I thought I failed...But it was okay. I heard the curve is a bit gracious than you think, especially if you think it's difficult afterwards

I most certainly hope that the curve is gracious cause even though there were some straightforward questions, I would say that 20-30% of them were sooo vague, to the point that I found myself guessing among 2-3 answers in many questions. Anyway it's the waiting that is killing me since I m expecting my results on April 19 and it seems like every day is endless

I most certainly hope that the curve is gracious cause even though there were some straightforward questions, I would say that 20-30% of them were sooo vague, to the point that I found myself guessing among 2-3 answers in many questions. Anyway it's the waiting that is killing me since I m expecting my results on April 19 and it seems like every day is endless
I feel ya. I was depressed for at least 5days after.... Avoided social media, just stayed in my apt. But i think out of sight out of mind is best. Just do other things that you enjoy and ignore it until then. It's harder than just saying it, but just be optimistic...Just gotta tell you that it'll be okay, BC pretty much everyone feels the same way. I didn't believe it tbh but after my score, anything is possible lol

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know what Ondansetron is preferred for the chemo question over dronabinol and the other anti-emetics?

Question about effector cells in skin graft rejection on the back of a rat if I remember correctly. What was the answer?

Hey everyone just wanted to chime in for future readers of this thread and say that I took NBME 19 one week out from my exam and scored 10 full points less than what I had been scoring on all other NBMEs. It was pretty discouraging that this was my last experience going into the test while thinking that as the most recently released, 19 may be the most accurate scoring. But for all those who took 19 and freaked out, I just got my actual score back and did SO MUCH better - even better than I had done on any prior NBME. Not saying this will happen to everyone but I DO think the curve is super super steep and not necessarily representative of reality! So moral of the story - trust in your knowledge and don't let a single score totally freak you out!

Hey everyone just wanted to chime in for future readers of this thread and say that I took NBME 19 one week out from my exam and scored 10 full points less than what I had been scoring on all other NBMEs. It was pretty discouraging that this was my last experience going into the test while thinking that as the most recently released, 19 may be the most accurate scoring. But for all those who took 19 and freaked out, I just got my actual score back and did SO MUCH better - even better than I had done on any prior NBME. Not saying this will happen to everyone but I DO think the curve is super super steep and not necessarily representative of reality! So moral of the story - trust in your knowledge and don't let a single score totally freak you out!
Omg can u tel us the scores in ur nbmes bc i get mine next week and im so scared, like how much higher it was from ur last one

Omg can u tel us the scores in ur nbmes bc i get mine next week and im so scared, like how much higher it was from ur last one
Yeah of course! I had been getting very high 240s on NBMEs and mid 250s on the 2 uworld self assessments then dropped to 238 on NBME 19 1 week out from my test and ended up with a 257 on my exam. 19 points higher!!

Good luck with your scores I'm sending positive vibes your way!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
WHAT??? That's ridiculous, I'm so sorry! I hope that didn't mess up your plans too much! SMH ;(
I did, but that was about 2-3w ago, and tbh I didn't really go through first aid in its entirety and part of it was knowledge and fear induced stress + didn't finish uworld (lol still working on that).
but yeah, the last two was 16 and 18, and it was 197 and 194 respectively. I don't really factor them bc tbh info wise I didn't feel confident AT ALL/ lots of sketchys i didn't do, etc especially drugs and pathoma going through one ear and out the other. but my uworlds have been in the 70s since then (compared to the 50w-60s from when I did 16 and 18), so hoping my score is at least 215+, though 230 is my goal ^^

HEY GUYS!! so i was just skimming thru SDN to confirm my feedback for the wrong items on my NBME 19. and OH MY GOSH I was totally surprised reading this because I also experienced the pain if the sharp curve of the NBME 19. I was doing quite okay with my past NBMEs, with an improving score each test, and come 1 week and 5 days before my actual test, I took the NBME 19. I scored 205 with 80% correct answers. I freaked out in a major way and re-scheduled my test for another month. I dont know if I did the right thing or was it just because of the fear and panic. I'm so confused right now actually it took away my momentum in studying. Well, if anybody can share some light on the matter, would greatly appreciate it. Thanks...

HEY GUYS!! so i was just skimming thru SDN to confirm my feedback for the wrong items on my NBME 19. and OH MY GOSH I was totally surprised reading this because I also experienced the pain if the sharp curve of the NBME 19. I was doing quite okay with my past NBMEs, with an improving score each test, and come 1 week and 5 days before my actual test, I took the NBME 19. I scored 205 with 80% correct answers. I freaked out in a major way and re-scheduled my test for another month. I dont know if I did the right thing or was it just because of the fear and panic. I'm so confused right now actually it took away my momentum in studying. Well, if anybody can share some light on the matter, would greatly appreciate it. Thanks...
80% is pretty good... I told someone that for 19 I'd focus more on the percentage rather than the score.

80% is pretty good... I told someone that for 19 I'd focus more on the percentage rather than the score.

Yah, but I already re-scheduled my test out of panic and fear hahaha. Do you have any points though on what I should study more except of course my weaker areas which I'll definitely go back to. Thanks a lot!

Yah, but I already re-scheduled my test out of panic and fear hahaha. Do you have any points though on what I should study more except of course my weaker areas which I'll definitely go back to. Thanks a lot!
Not really. I guess focus on your weak spots, BC the exam can be unpredictable... Imo studying will only prepare you for half the exam in terms of knowledge. A lot is application BC a lot of what I studied didn't show up at all.

Anyone know what Ondansetron is preferred for the chemo question over dronabinol and the other anti-emetics?

I've always thought dronabinol (a marijuana derivative) was not first line compared to the staple ondansetron. Additionally, when I think of dronabinol I consider it more for as an appetite stimulant than for its anti-emetic properties.

I just took NBME 19 and got 20 wrong (10%) and that was scored a 236. The curve is steep because it is a fairly easy practice set....IMO. The stems were mostly short and the answer choices were not extremely tricky for the vast majority of the questions. Yes some of the questions are vague, but that is typical for Step 1. Good luck to everyone still studying. I take my exam next week.