nbme 7 score and step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sjsmx75

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just took nbme 7 and wanna know if anyone can tell me this test tends to over-predict or under-predict your actual step 1 score, i scored a 240 and im aiming for at least 230 on the actual test. am i on right track ? or this test just over-predicted?

Members don't see this ad.

Your are on the correct way and almost done! Although the double score is not used any more in the match but according to the applicantguide score estimator your score is 99% which starts at a minimum of 580 NBME score. Usually NBME scores are very near to reality.

Members don't see this ad :)
i hope its not.. 217 on 7 which i took today, after getting a 226 on nbme 11 which i took last week. ahhh!!! test on tuesday!

NBME #7 from what I heard is supposed to be the more predictive out of all of them. although ive also heard 11 and 12 to be predictive too. either way 240 on any nbme exam is a great score~ if you can score at that range consistently i would be confident going into the exam. my friends have told me you can see your score +/- 10 points from your practice test so you can gauge what your potential range is. if you want at least a 230, you want to be scoring at least mid to high 230s in my opinion~~ good luck!

Thanks, I got a couple of more weeks left of studying so hopefully i can keep bringing that score up

NBME #7 from what I heard is supposed to be the more predictive out of all of them. although ive also heard 11 and 12 to be predictive too. either way 240 on any nbme exam is a great score~ if you can score at that range consistently i would be confident going into the exam. my friends have told me you can see your score +/- 10 points from your practice test so you can gauge what your potential range is. if you want at least a 230, you want to be scoring at least mid to high 230s in my opinion~~ good luck!

I think 11 and 12 are, with all probability, just as accurate as 7. NBME 7 was originally newer and considered tougher and a good judge. We haven't had 11 and 12 for as long to find out, but I'd be very surprised if it moved backwards. NBME 12 felt much more clinical and what they've been trying to move towards.