NBME Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jkuk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking step in about 2 weeks, and i've already taken NBME 4,6,11, and 12. I'm saving NBME 7 for next weekend, but I wanted to take one more NBME tomorrow.

I was deciding between 3 and 5 b.c that's the only two options I really have left. I was wondering if you guys could help me out on which one to take.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

thanks for your help guys! i read this too late, i ended up doing 3 over 5, i thought the questions were just asking you details in 3, compared to 11 and 12 where they were clinically related ... but anyways I'll be taking 7 in a week!

Members don't see this ad :)
I myself am perplexed over which nbme to take. I am planning on taking nbme 7, 11, and 12 online for sure. But I am not so sure if nbme 6 or any of the earlier nbme's are worth doing online anymore since the content has changed quite a bit recently. What is the consensus on this? Which nbme should I do first, 7 followed by 11 and then 12?:confused:

I am about a month away from my exam.:scared:

Will Appreciate your input.:)

I myself am perplexed over which nbme to take. I am planning on taking nbme 7, 11, and 12 online for sure. But I am not so sure if nbme 6 or any of the earlier nbme's are worth doing online anymore since the content has changed quite a bit recently. What is the consensus on this? Which nbme should I do first, 7 followed by 11 and then 12?:confused:

I am about a month away from my exam.:scared:

Will Appreciate your input.:)

I did 11, 12, and then will do 7 this week (test is Mon the 20th).

11, 12 = harder with lots of good questions; it's been said concepts/questions have repeated recently
6, 7 = not old really, still very useful. questions aren't as tricky but curves are unforgiving
5 = no expanded feedback, kind of worthless. easier, maybe use as a baseline early in the study period.