Step I NBME and uworld assessments

Started by thomasce
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thomasce

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
can anyone comment on which NBME assessments are the most useful and accurate? I a number of things about the old vs new and was curious as to which test I could benefit most from? Also, any preference on taking them before/after the uworld assessments?
 
Haven't taken any yet, but from what I've read on here it sounds like UWSE are slightly easier than NBME, but NBME is more predictive, so you could argue to take UWSE first to ease in or at the end for a bit of confidence. Amongst the NBMEs it seems like everyone has different opinions on easy vs. hard but I've read a few times that UWSE2 is easier than UWSE1. For what it's worth, I'm planning to do UWSE2, UWSE1, NBME16, NBME17. Don't think there is a correct answer as there are many other threads on here asking the same question with few responses.
 
From my experience, the UWorld self assessments were more challenging and 100% predictive. The only NBME I took was the CBSSA so I dont know if that is different than a NBME form. Also, since the UW tests let you review your answers and see the explanations, not just see the questions you got wrong, they are a much better learning tool.