NBME Practice Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMBFan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you have to take the exam in one entire sitting? Or can you finish one section and then take a few minute break, or come back after a little while? I realize you can't do that on the real test, but I just want to make sure that's a possibility before I buy one...

Members don't see this ad.

If you select the non-timed version they give you 4 hours to finish each section. This is good if you are in a coffee shop or some place with a spotty internet connection.

Even if you do it with the standard timing, you can still pause whenever you want - between sections or during a section - and when you come back to it it picks up right where you left off, with the same amount of time you had left when you paused. You can pause for minutes, hours, days even! As long as you complete it within 20 days. Good luck

This is a bit of a different question. If I do an NBME in untimed version so I can look up answers to questions I am unsure of after I finish the exam, is it possible to finish the entire exam and then go back through the blocks one by one? Or do you have to review the questions at the end of each block? It seems like it would be more realistic to go through the entire exam and then check answers, but do you lose access to a block once you move to the next one? Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a bit of a different question. If I do an NBME in untimed version so I can look up answers to questions I am unsure of after I finish the exam, is it possible to finish the entire exam and then go back through the blocks one by one? Or do you have to review the questions at the end of each block? It seems like it would be more realistic to go through the entire exam and then check answers, but do you lose access to a block once you move to the next one? Thanks for the help.

once you submit a block (which you have to do to move onto the next block) it is gone for good.

is there anyway to go over the test once your done and scored? i dont know whether to buy one or not, seems like more of a waste of time if i dont know which ones i got wrong