Step I NBME Score or MedFriends Score?

Started by jane70
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jane70

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It occured to me the other day that i wasn't sure if when people are discussing their NBME scores, are most people using the score conversion chart from NBME or the one from Medfriends? The Medfriends one is alot nicer, mine is a good 6 points higher, but I don't want to bank on that one if it's not as accurate. thoughts from anyone?
 
Since the NBME exam scoring grid is designed by the people who write the NBME Step 1 Exam, I would say that their scoring grid is more reflective than MedFriends.
 
jane70 said:
It occured to me the other day that i wasn't sure if when people are discussing their NBME scores, are most people using the score conversion chart from NBME or the one from Medfriends? The Medfriends one is alot nicer, mine is a good 6 points higher, but I don't want to bank on that one if it's not as accurate. thoughts from anyone?

Remember, medfriends has a SD of 13 (if I remember correctly) points. 95% of the students should score within 26 points of the score medfriends gives, so you could really outperform or really underperform the mean given.