NBME self assessment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acs62c

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After gunning for 6 weeks, I took the nbme self assessments today, recieving scores of 710 and 730. I am sceduled to take the exam June 3. Am I making a reasonable assumption that moving up my test date might not be such a bad thing? Im certainly beginning to feel burned out but am also afraid to take the exam early and recieve a mediocre score. Thanks in advance for the input!

Members don't see this ad.

Am I the only one that bombed the nbme test?
I took it today and scored a 400.
I dont consider myself to be dumb either.
Oh well back to studying

Don't listen to these people when they post silly things like "I'm getting 98% on QBank...should I be worried?" and so forth. They are all over this board, just ignore it...

I agree. You would think that people that are scoring 2 standard deviations above the self-assessment (top 2%) would be smart to make some basic decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
To clarify my post, it think it was implied that I intend to score quite well. I was fishing for a verification of my perception of the predictive value of the self assessment. Guess Im simply not intellegent enough to figure that out myself :)

acs62c said:
To clarify my post, it think it was implied that I intend to score quite well. I was fishing for a verification of my perception of the predictive value of the self assessment. Guess Im simply not intellegent enough to figure that out myself :)

Look... there are better ways to post your question w/out making others feel bad/get worried etc. If you were posting to make others feel bad that sucks... if not you have no problem... go take the test.

I still cant fathom how you could think my post intends to make others feel bad for gods sake. Read my post - what in there is offensive or unkind? To make it even more clear, I was hoping that perhaps a few people would post "i got x on the nbme, and y on the usmle step 1. It seems the two are/are not closely related" I have heard read the statment several times that the two are highly related, but other than souljah's excellent post I have seen few posts supporting that directly.

Thanks to everyone for the comments, I plan on going ahead with the exam on monday. After studying nearly every waking hour recently it will be a big relief to finally put this test behind me.

Sorry to have ruffled any feathers! Good luck all....