NBME Subject Exams vs. the Actual Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Waysensei

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are the questions on the NBME Subject Exams a good representation of what I will actually encounter on the USMLE? I took the Physiology Subject Exam today and I thought that it was considerably more difficult than the questions that I used to practice from the Kaplan QBank. For example, are the Physiology questions on the USMLE similar to what would be obtained if I took a random selection of questions from the NBME Subject Exam?

Members don't see this ad.

Try other Qbanks. There are a couple of good ones out there for pretty reasonable prices. You can try a short subscription to try them out and see what the quality is like.

our school also uses NMBE exams for each system. i have always found these questions to be superhard. i'm hoping the actual step 1 won't be that bad. but qbanks vary in the content and even difficulty of there questions. i have heard that USMLEworld has the best qbank. and i tried it myself a few times. USMLEworld questions are very tough, but by doing them and then going through the explanations you can learn a lot.