NBME's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vsmedic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Realistically, how much of a jump can be made on NBME in about 10 days (100/200 etc...)?

Members don't see this ad.

let you know tomorrow....

took NBME 1 about two weeks ago and scored a whopping 173! I have 3 weeks till the actual one, so if I don't get >200, I think I am screwed! :/

I went from 230 on NBME 2 to 250 on NBME 4 in exactly 2 weeks.

I think it depends on what you are covering in those 10 days and whether you have covered it before or not, but I think 80 points or so is pretty reasonable.

Do the NBME's get harder progressively, and which one is the hardest? For an actual score in the 230's, what should I be getting?

Do the NBME's get harder progressively, and which one is the hardest? For an actual score in the 230's, what should I be getting?
I have heard that 1=5<2<4<3, but then again, it all depends on your strengths and weaknesses along with what you have and haven't studied when you take them. I have also heard of most people getting somewhere around their 2,3,4 scores (when they take them just before the test), maybe a little higher, maybe a little lower depending on how lucky you get on the big day.