NBOME shelf exams...IM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katiesb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just figured out that next week I'm taking the NBOME shelf for IM. Anyone have any info about this? Is is harder or easier compared to the NBME IM shelf?

Members don't see this ad.

They are pretty much the same - think COMLEX vs. USMLE. They give you less information to answer the question - more memorization than critical thinking.

I'm not sure how anyone could know if it's easier or harder unless they took both. That said, if you look on the NBOME site for COMAT, they give you educational objectives (which include OMT) and a practice exam for the IM Shelf. It might help.

http://www.nbome.org/comat3.asp?m=coll

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone please give me what review books are helpful for IM COMAT exams? What q bank should I get (comabnk, comquest?)....i basically learn by doing practice questions so I would like to have something on board :)
Thanks!!

Thanks teacherma84...Good Luck...let us know how it goes :)

I will be taking the IM COMAT exam soon and any information would be greatly appreciated it. Which books (if any) did you guys use for the osteopathic portion of the exam (An Osteopathic Approach to Diagnosis and Treatment, Foundatins for Osteopathic Medicine, etc.)? Does Comquest have COMLEX Step 2 CK qbank available? On their website it only showed COMLEX Step 2 CE. Thanks.