NC FELS loan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manda4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when CFNC will notify us if we have been awarded for the FELS loan? I'm trying to figure out student loans and it would be great to know that I have the FELS to plan out everything.
I applied in January when it opened and the deadline was April 1st.
If anyone has received it in the past, can you comment on when you were notified?

Members don't see this ad.

Received my FELS decision today. Have to decline it though. :/

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me know!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not going to dental school, but I didn't receive the loan. I'm not sure how many people do, especially because I applied so far ahead of the "priority" deadline.

Has anyone from the 2017-2018 cycle heard any news about whether they received the loan or not?

Has anyone from the 2017-2018 cycle heard any news about whether they received the loan or not?
Still waiting and hoping myself! I was told it would be the end of this month before notifications were made.

Still waiting and hoping myself! I was told it would be the end of this month before notifications were made.
Okay great! Thanks. I was starting to get worried my contact info was wrong (or something along those lines) when I saw that others found out in May for last years cycle.