NC State Masters Physiology 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZenDDS

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody! I made this thread because I haven't seen anything recent. Would love to hear from anyone who has applied, been accepted to, or graduated from this program!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everybody! I made this thread because I haven't seen anything recent. Would love to hear from anyone who has applied, been accepted to, or graduated from this program!
Hey! I’m so glad you started this thread! Have you been accepted to the program? I haven’t heard anything back yet

Hey! I’m so glad you started this thread! Have you been accepted to the program? I haven’t heard anything back yet
Hey! So happy for your reply! No, I have not been accepted into the program yet. Have you? I've been told this year has had a record-breaking number of applicants, though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! So happy for your reply! No, I have not been accepted into the program yet. Have you? I've been told this year has had a record-breaking number of applicants, though!
That’s crazy! Nope nothing back yet unfortunately :( how do you know there were so many applicants?

That’s crazy! Nope nothing back yet unfortunately :( how do you know there were so many applicants?
I personally reached out asking about my application status and that's what I was told... I guess we just need to keep waiting 🤷‍ lol.

I personally reached out asking about my application status and that's what I was told... I guess we just need to keep waiting 🤷‍ lol.
Dang, did they say anything about rolling admissions ? Or can we expect to not hear anything until the final deadline passes?

Dang, did they say anything about rolling admissions ? Or can we expect to not hear anything until the final deadline passes?
From my knowledge, they said they're still accepting applications (so I'm assuming they're still doing rolling admissions). I have no idea of an expected deadline, unfortunately. :( I hope others join this thread so we can pick their brains, too! Lol.

Hi everyone! I'm so glad to see that you guys have started a thread. I'm currently waiting for a reply as well. Fingers crossed that we all hear back soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! I'm so glad to see that you guys have started a thread. I'm currently waiting for a reply as well. Fingers crossed that we all hear back soon!
Yes, fingers crossed! Has either of you had a hard time getting in contact with the advisor? I've emailed her and haven't received a response (yet- I know they must be busy).

Yes, fingers crossed! Has either of you had a hard time getting in contact with the advisor? I've emailed her and haven't received a response (yet- I know they must be busy).
I haven’t reached out yet just because this is my 7 week out from applying. I wanted to wait about 8-10 and after this final deadline on June 15th to see if they might have a better idea by then. Just wondering, when did you email?

Last time I had reached out to her was around the middle of last month and she was pretty responsive. I did have a tough time contacting her at the beginning but once a conversation was started, she was very quick to reply to my emails. I know the department must be slammed around this time of year since the deadline is getting closer. I hope you get a reply soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I haven’t reached out yet just because this is my 7 week out from applying. I wanted to wait about 8-10 and after this final deadline on June 15th to see if they might have a better idea by then. Just wondering, when did you email?
I reached out about two weeks ago! I'm also holding off as well, especially with the deadline approaching.

Hi guys! Any updates on your end? I haven't heard anything yet :cryi: The waiting game is a killer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I reached out about two weeks ago! I'm also holding off as well, especially with the deadline approaching.
I just submitted my application and am a bit bummed to hear you’ve all been waiting this long. Makes me feel like getting in this round is going to be REALLY competitive. Have any of you heard back yet?

I'm planning to reach out as well. I'll come back and update if I hear anything. But for the time being, it isn't over until a rejection letter comes through LOL (if they send out any) 😅

I still haven’t heard anything either:( waiting has been so hard! I think I’m gonna reach out next Monday.
I also haven't heard anything! I'm planning on reaching out sometime next week. I hope they send rejection letters/emails if we're not admitted and don't keep us hanging... this is so suspenseful LOL. Fingers crossed for all of us!! I'll definitely post in here the second I hear anything!

Wait everybody, have you guys seen the updated status on their website? Does that mean if we haven't heard back we aren't accepted???? It says:

"Admissions Update Amid COVID-19 Pandemic:

We are accepting applications for the Spring 2022 semester, as well as semesters beyond (Summer 2022, etc.). Fall 2022 applications will open in August 2021."

Wait everybody, have you guys seen the updated status on their website? Does that mean if we haven't heard back we aren't accepted???? It says:

We are accepting applications for the Spring 2022 semester, as well as semesters beyond (Summer 2022, etc.). Fall 2022 applications will open in August 2021."
I'm going to assume that it doesn't mean we aren't accepted. I think it's only updated because the Fall 2021 deadline has passed. 😅 *FINGERS CROSSED*

I'm going to assume that it doesn't mean we aren't accepted. I think it's only updated because the Fall 2021 deadline has passed. 😅 *FINGERS CROSSED*
I spoke with her and that assumption is correct- I wanted to make sure the seats weren't filled for the fall semester, just in case. Also, we all will receive an official decision correspondance from the graduate school, so until then 🤞 it's fair game! I feel better knowing there will be an official decision instead of being left hanging!

I spoke with her and that assumption is correct- I wanted to make sure the seats weren't filled for the fall semester, just in case. Also, we all will receive an official decision correspondance from the graduate school, so until then 🤞 it's fair game! I feel better knowing there will be an official decision instead of being left hanging!
AWESOME! I'm glad to hear that. Thanks for updating! I hope by now, they are getting close to our applications 😅 I believe I submitted mines a little after you ZenDDS and Ashoakcity. So i'll be waiting for goodnews from you guys! :)

Any updates? I've got nothing at all 😥.

Me neither 😢 I’m hesitant to reach out because it should be any day now, right?
I think they are starting to make decisions because I got an interview request today and I just submitted my app last week. You all are going to hear soon for sure!!

Has anyone else heard back or have any knowledge of what the admissions interview will be like?

I think they are starting to make decisions because I got an interview request today and I just submitted my app last week. You all are going to hear soon for sure!!
Thank you for the information!!! That's relieving! Did they inform you of the interview request through an email or a phone call? I still haven't heard anything, but I'm pretty sure old threads touch on the interview being very lax and more so like a 'scheduling classes' type thing. But that was an older thread, not sure if they've changed their ways... please keep us posted! So desperate out here lmao

Thank you for the information!!! That's relieving! Did they inform you of the interview request through an email or a phone call? I still haven't heard anything, but I'm pretty sure old threads touch on the interview being very lax and more so like a 'scheduling classes' type thing. But that was an older thread, not sure if they've changed their ways... please keep us posted! So desperate out here lmao
I received an email from Ms. Dillon letting me know the director had requested a virtual interview. It’s scheduled and I’m so nervous! I’ll keep you all updated (fingers crossed). My assumption is my application is borderline so hopefully you all just receive an acceptance and save this anxiety attack lol

Last edited:
I received an email from Ms. Dillon letting me know the director had requested a virtual interview. It’s scheduled for next Tuesday and I’m so nervous! I’ll keep you all updated (fingers crossed). My assumption is my application is borderline so hopefully you all just receive an acceptance and save this anxiety attack lol
Wow, how awesome!! You can do it!!! Huge congrats and sending good vibes your way!! My application is defffff borderline too so we'll see how this plays out 🤞🤞🤞

I received an email from Ms. Dillon letting me know the director had requested a virtual interview. It’s scheduled for next Tuesday and I’m so nervous! I’ll keep you all updated (fingers crossed). My assumption is my application is borderline so hopefully you all just receive an acceptance and save this anxiety attack lol
Awesome!!! I'm glad to hear that one of us heard back! Please let us know how it went and good luck to you! We'll be anxiously waiting for our invitations! ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck! Youll do great 👍 😊

Have any of you heard anything? My interview was a bit rough and I have no idea if I’m actually getting in🙃

Have any of you heard anything? My interview was a bit rough and I have no idea if I’m actually getting in🙃
I haven’t heard anything, but hey at least you interviewed! I’m sorry the interview felt rough though /:

I still haven’t heard back yet. I get more and more anxious each day 😅. But I’m sorry to hear that, I’m sure you did great. An interview is one step closer to an acceptance.

I'm sorry to hear your interview was rough! No, I still haven't heard anything. I've emailed and am having a difficult time getting a response. Stay hopeful, though! I'm sure you did great! Did they give you info on what the next step is after you interviewed?

I'm sorry to hear your interview was rough! No, I still haven't heard anything. I've emailed and am having a difficult time getting a response. Stay hopeful, though! I'm sure you did great! Did they give you info on what the next step is after you interviewed?
So first the committee looks over the apps and send applicants to him for an interview. (I’m not sure if some people can skip him and go straight to the grad school dean though). He then either denies them or says yes and passes them to the dean of the grad school. From there the dean/deans office has the final say. Hope this helps

So first the committee looks over the apps and send applicants to him for an interview. (I’m not sure if some people can skip him and go straight to the grad school dean though). He then either denies them or says yes and passes them to the dean of the grad school. From there the dean/deans office has the final say. Hope this helps
That does help. So when will you know that you've been fully accepted for sure?

“Congratulations! The graduate program to which you have applied has recommended your admission. The decision is not final until the Graduate School performs a review of your application materials.”

Still playing the waiting game. Have any other portals updated or gotten replies to emails?

“Congratulations! The graduate program to which you have applied has recommended your admission. The decision is not final until the Graduate School performs a review of your application materials.”

Still playing the waiting game. Have any other portals updated or gotten replies to emails?
Congratulations! It’s been radio silence for me despite my email last week, I’m not sure about anyone else! I was waiting to hear back due to a job offer that is time sensitive but I can’t wait any longer. I have to accept the job because I can’t pass up the opportunity. So I’m not really pressed about a response anymore. Just wondering, is anyone in this thread a North Carolina resident?

Congratulations! It’s been radio silence for me despite my email last week, I’m not sure about anyone else! I was waiting to hear back due to a job offer that is time sensitive but I can’t wait any longer. I have to accept the job because I can’t pass up the opportunity. So I’m not really pressed about a response anymore. Just wondering, is anyone in this thread a North Carolina resident?
Congratulations on your job! They are missing out. I’m an NC resident

I've extended my job offer as well, the waiting game is too risky. I deferred my application to Spring '22. Are you also deferring or seeing this application cycle through?

I've extended my job offer as well, the waiting game is too risky. I deferred my application to Spring '22. Are you also deferring or seeing this application cycle through?
I guess I would defer if I were to be accepted? But I think I’m going to start another application for spring 22’. I’ve been in North Carolina for two years and plan on staying but I didn’t apply as a resident of NC. I keep getting denied(I think I have to abandon Texas residency and register my car here. I’m registered to vote here and have a DL here and didn’t renew my Texas license). So resident tuition would be cool. I also haven’t taken the GRE because I didn’t really think it mattered but I’m gonna go ahead and take that soon and add to my app :)

Congratulations! I haven't heard back at all, even with email questions. I wasn't sure if we're supposed to wait until we get a letter stating our status into the program before applying for next cycle. But i'm planning on starting a new application as well. Has anyone emailed the director about their status? On an email sent after we submitted our application, it stated that if we had any questions about the timing of a decision to contact "Director of your graduate program of interest."

Still playing the waiting game. Have any other portals updated or gotten replies to emails

I guess I would defer if I were to be accepted? But I think I’m going to start another application for spring 22’. I’ve been in North Carolina for two years and plan on staying but I didn’t apply as a resident of NC. I keep getting denied(I think I have to abandon Texas residency and register my car here. I’m registered to vote here and have a DL here and didn’t renew my Texas license). So resident tuition would be cool. I also haven’t taken the GRE because I didn’t really think it mattered but I’m gonna go ahead and take that soon and add to my app :)
Well if it interests you they can move your application to the spring pool for no cost! I wasn't given a decision- no acceptance, waitlist, deferral, etc.
Congratulations! I haven't heard back at all, even with email questions. I wasn't sure if we're supposed to wait until we get a letter stating our status into the program before applying for next cycle. But i'm planning on starting a new application as well. Has anyone emailed the director about their status? On an email sent after we submitted our application, it stated that if we had any questions about the timing of a decision to contact "Director of your graduate program of interest."
I emailed him probably 6 months ago and received a short reply- it wouldn't hurt to reach out. I'm sure they're so busy, but it's so disheartening to be waiting this long with minimal communication. Many of us are applying to other programs or have other plans!

Well if it interests you they can move your application to the spring pool for no cost! I wasn't given a decision- no acceptance, waitlist, deferral, etc.

I emailed him probably 6 months ago and received a short reply- it wouldn't hurt to reach out. I'm sure they're so busy, but it's so disheartening to be waiting this long with minimal communication. Many of us are applying to other programs or have other plans!
I think this waiting time and lack of communication is really terrible. Ive had luck with responses from Ms. Dillon, haven’t ever emailed Dr. M. No word since my interview on whether I’ve been officially accepted. I hope that you all get a response sooner rather than later, I’m also waiting on this to make my next moves so I get it.

I think this waiting time and lack of communication is really terrible. Ive had luck with responses from Ms. Dillon, haven’t ever emailed Dr. M. No word since my interview on whether I’ve been officially accepted. I hope that you all get a response sooner rather than later, I’m also waiting on this to make my next moves so I get it.
Yeah. Seeing that it's already the middle of July and school starts in 1 month, I honestly don't know what to expect now.

Hey yall, I just got an acceptance! Fingers crossed for you all still waiting for the response.

• Care
Hey yall, I just got an acceptance! Fingers crossed for you all still waiting for the response.
Massive congrats to you!!! Thank you so much for updating us! Hoping the same for everyone else still waiting for a response!

• Care
Have you guys still not received a response? I've been checking to see if anyone else has heard anything... it's almost August!!! Lol 😅