NC State Masters Physiology 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have you guys still not received a response? I've been checking to see if anyone else has heard anything... it's almost August!!! Lol šŸ˜…
No decision back so far. She said "We hope to communicate decisions by early August"

Members don't see this ad.

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 user
Have you guys still not received a response? I've been checking to see if anyone else has heard anything... it's almost August!!!
LOL. Nope, nothing as well. The only email I got was that they are still processing applications and decisions will be made early august.

• Okay...
Members don't see this ad :)
LOL. Nope, nothing as well. The only email I got was that they are still processing applications and decisions will be made early august.
So crazy! That's insane. Rooting for you all!!!

It's early August! You all still haven't heard back?

To everyone that applied, I was curious if anyone would feel comfortable sharing their GPAs and other extracurriculars. I'm applying soon and feeling nervous about what my chances are.

To everyone that applied, I was curious if anyone would feel comfortable sharing their GPAs and other extracurriculars. I'm applying soon and feeling nervous about what my chances are.
Hi, my GPA was around the low 3.0s and as for my extracurriculars, I've held multiple leadership roles (President, VP, Student leader etc.) in different orgs and participated in a couple of research labs. I'm sure your chances are as much as anyone. Everyone has their own story. Good Luck!

Hey! Happy to share. My GPA is <3.0. Held leadership roles and gained service hours in organizations I was involved in. I have a lot of work experience as well. Minimal in-person shadowing, ~20 hours at the moment (more virtual bc Covid). Happy to DM if you have more questions, but to echo smiles_DDS, don't sweat it :) We're all in the same boat and there are steps you can take to better your application! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! Happy to share. My GPA is <3.0. Held leadership roles and gained service hours in organizations I was involved in. I have a lot of work experience as well. Minimal in-person shadowing, ~20 hours at the moment (more virtual bc Covid). Happy to DM if you have more questions, but to echo smiles_DDS, don't sweat it :) We're all in the same boat and there are steps you can take to better your application! Good luck!
Hey ZenDDS, did you receive an email about a deferment to next spring or summer?

Hey ZenDDS, did you receive an email about a deferment to next spring or summer?
Hey, yes I did and my application is deferred to the spring term. I asked to be deferred though, I didn't receive an email from them asking if I would like to defer (if that makes sense). Have you heard anything? I'll stay posted when they make a decision on my application!

Hey, yes I did and my application is deferred to the spring term. I asked to be deferred though, I didn't receive an email from them asking if I would like to defer (if that makes sense). Have you heard anything? I'll stay posted when they make a decision on my application!
Hi, Yes. I received an email with the options to defer my application for spring or summer. I'll be deferring to the Spring as well. I'll also stay posted. Until then, it'll be the waiting game again. HAHA not sure when we should be expecting interviews.

Hi, Yes. I received an email with the options to defer my application for spring or summer. I'll be deferring to the Spring as well. I'll also stay posted. Until then, it'll be the waiting game again. HAHA not sure when we should be expecting interviews.
That's great they finally emailed! Yay, happy we're in the same boat (but sorry because I know we both applied for the fall LOL). No idea about interviews... hopefully, we'll receive an update email with what to expect in that regard? So crazy šŸ˜…

Members don't see this ad :)
That's great they finally emailed! Yay, happy we're in the same boat (but sorry because I know we both applied for the fall LOL). No idea about interviews... hopefully, we'll receive an update email with what to expect in that regard? So crazy šŸ˜…

@smiles_DDS Received an interview invite today! Any updates on your end?

Hiii, nothing on my end :cryi: I may defer my application to the summer with my current situation! How was your interview?
Ugh! Hopefully, you hear back soon!! Totally understand deferring, honestly worth doing... not sure about your situation, but he straight up told me doing well in one of the graduate courses they recommend was needed in order to take a look at my application (which I knew beforehand, under the FAQ page on the website, <3.0 GPA's they recommend taking graduate-level coursework first).

The interview went as expected, we discussed my transcript for about 10 minutes and he talked about the program. Nice guy for sure, but practical and matter-of-fact which I appreciate! Now waiting for the grad school's decision šŸ¤ž

Hey everyone! just submitted my application for Spring 2022, I hope I'm not too late as there are still a few days before the deadline, I hope to hear back soon since the waiting is so tough. Good luck to everyone applying for the Spring 2022!

Ugh! Hopefully, you hear back soon!! Totally understand deferring, honestly worth doing... not sure about your situation, but he straight up told me doing well in one of the graduate courses they recommend was needed in order to take a look at my application (which I knew beforehand, under the FAQ page on the website, <3.0 GPA's they recommend taking graduate-level coursework first).

The interview went as expected, we discussed my transcript for about 10 minutes and he talked about the program. Nice guy for sure, but practical and matter-of-fact which I appreciate! Now waiting for the grad school's decision šŸ¤ž
I'm glad your interview went well. It's definitely one step closer! Can't wait to hear good news from you in the next few weeks! I'm in no rush to get into grad school, so i'm playing it as I go. I'm gonna send out another email to check if there's any update in my application, hopefully the response time is a bit faster šŸ˜…

Hey everyone! just submitted my application for Spring 2022, I hope I'm not too late as there are still a few days before the deadline, I hope to hear back soon since the waiting is so tough. Good luck to everyone applying for the Spring 2022!
Hi, it's definitely not too late in the cycle. One applicant submitted theirs last minute and received an interview. I'm sure anything is possible LOL Good luck to you as well. Keep us updated. :thumbup:

Never too late! Good luck to you and keep us posted!!

I'm glad your interview went well. It's definitely one step closer! Can't wait to hear good news from you in the next few weeks! I'm in no rush to get into grad school, so i'm playing it as I go. I'm gonna send out another email to check if there's any update in my application, hopefully the response time is a bit faster šŸ˜…
I was accepted! Totally understand and agree with no rush at all! Keep us posted!!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I think they are starting to make decisions because I got an interview request today and I just submitted my app last week. You all are going to hear soon for sure!!
What was the interview like, mine is on Friday and Iā€™m super nervous!!

What was the interview like, mine is on Friday and Iā€™m super nervous!!
Sorry for the delay! To be completely honest with you, I would be prepared to answer some very straight forward questions about your academic history and future goals. Heā€™s a pretty blunt guy. Iā€™ve noticed a lot of people like that but I was not a fan and would have enjoyed being prepped for that. After the initial grilling, it is just talking about your schedule though. If you made it to the interview I think youā€™re in, itā€™s just a matter of him emphasising how much work the program will be.

I hope that helps! And good luck!!

Curious as to how your interview went. I just had mine earlier today and my experience was similar to other people. 10 ish minutes going over my transcript and then planning out courses. Rest of the time was just chatting with him about my life and what to expect moving forward.

Curious as to how your interview went. I just had mine earlier today and my experience was similar to other people. 10 ish minutes going over my transcript and then planning out courses. Rest of the time was just chatting with him about my life and what to expect moving forward.
I had my interview on Monday, and I feel it was pretty similar to other's experience. We talked about my resume and transcript for a few minutes, then discussed courses and expectations for the program. At the end of the interview he told me to be on the look out for an email to complete final steps as I was recommended for admission, and that he'd see me in January when courses started.

As others have said he is very blunt, but I appreciate that quality since I hate when people sugarcoat things. Overall it was a very chill interview.

Last edited:
Hi, just wondering if anyone has heard back on any news about the Fall 2022 admissions round? Thanks