nc state vs uga

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swimislyfe0802

Reaction score
HI - Im having trouble choosing between nc state and uga. I'm in state at uga but would only have to pay oos fees for one year at NC state. just interested in hearing thoughts.

Members don't see this ad.

I really enjoy new experiences - I grew up going to uga and spent a fair amount of time there. also nc state seems to really emphasize diversity.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on your acceptances! At the end of the day I'd go to the least expensive school and take all factors into account: tuition/fees, cost of living, travel costs to go home on breaks etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really enjoy new experiences - I grew up going to uga and spent a fair amount of time there. also nc state seems to really emphasize diversity.
I am in the camp that four years goes fast, and saving money by going in state means you get to take cooler vacations later. :)

Reactions: 1 user
OOS NC State current 1st-year here! In general, highly recommend it. NCSU was actually cheaper than my IS (Ohio) which was part of my decision. NCSU does really emphasize diversity and you can get IS residency after the first year, which they advise you on how to do. I'm also a big advocate of go wherever is cheapest, you'll end up a DVM all the same. NCSU also has a few scholarships, if you are able to get one of those.