NCS coding changes (Decrease of 65%)

Started by maw4bc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

maw4bc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has everyone seen this? Absolutely insane number to drop a test by, esp with only giving us a two month heads up.

http://www.aan.com/go/practice/coding

With this change coming Jan 1, 2013, a standard CTS would be making 65% less per patient, or $425. That is an astronomical decrease in NCS reimbursement.

I really hope AAN & AANEM can team together to stop this from happening.
 
Calm down, and stop cross posting. You've posted the exact same sentiment in three threads today, and you have 8 posts to your name. Step away from the keyboard.

I don't believe any of my posts involved anger. 1st post was to a student asking about PPACA/Salary for neurology, I figured he should be aware. 2nd was on a thread about PPACA. The two people had a good discussion and I quoted the neurologist because I know he would probably get an email from the forum when I quoted him. I figured he would either have some more knowledge or at least would be informing him. 3rd one was this general post.

I personally don't believe that is cross posting. The information provided was relevant to each discussion.