Ncsu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MickeyBlueEyes

NCSU CVM 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any other in-stater's feeling as crazy as I am?? Now that we're at (hopefully) T-1 week, I think we need group support! :) SillyFilly? Anyone else out there?
I called admissions last week (Tue/wed.) and they told me their timeframe was 'a couple weeks'...

Members don't see this ad.

UGGGH let's just not talk about how cra-raaazy I am feeling right now...

Like JUST TELL ME ALREADY!

Last year they found out the week of their spring break, which is this week (real NCSU break not vet school break)...

ULCER ULCER ULCER!

(this is my first post)

YES!!!!!!!

What makes you think 1 week? I thought we could be waiting until April.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay!! I knew there must be more than 2 of us! Nice to "meet" you!

I think one week based on their "a couple weeks" comment when I called a week ago. As long as a couple weeks is in fact 2 weeks...

Historically speaking, my rejection last year was dated March 9th (like the end of this week) and I got it midway thru the following week (next week). At this point my brain can't even fathom waiting longer, so I avoid thinking that's even a possibility =)

Oh okay. I'm praying our letters come tomorrow (my birthday). Good luck to you guys!

also--do you think we'll get phone call notifications? How does that work? (this is my first round of application)

Oh okay. I'm praying our letters come tomorrow (my birthday). Good luck to you guys!

also--do you think we'll get phone call notifications? How does that work? (this is my first round of application)

Well, I second that--here's one more wish for tomorrow! =) And Happy birthday! :hardy:

I believe that NCSU only calls out of state acceptances. I've never heard of an instate applicant getting called, its always snail mail.

Happy early bday and welcome!!

Not only am I stressed, but some meanie hit me in the parking lot today of Whole Foods... WAAAAAAH!

Everyone is okay, my taillight is just broken, but he was like "did you not see me Sweetie?" ... Uh, hello, you must have not seen ME since you hit ME.

Here's hoping for some good news SOON!

i just think it's crazy that we haven't heard a peep and they don't seem to be in a hurry to tell anybody anything. argh.

oh, and i like your vizsla mickey, i have one too.

oh, and i like your vizsla mickey, i have one too.

AHH! You have vizslas AND we might be classmates!?! :thumbup: Too cool!! I'm pretty much obsessed with them.

I feel like since NCSU doesn't interview, the SHOULD be able to get decisions out MUCH sooner (like Cornell, etc.) than they actually do; at the very least, an occasional email update would be nice (like Auburn, Miss., etc.). I will stop before this turns into a stressed out rant. There must be a good explanation. :laugh:

MBE - did you go to NCSU?

I'm just so ready to hear. Gah. I know, patience is a virtue... but let's just say it is getting to be a little much!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Happy happy bday!

I hope it is today!

Nothing in my mailbox today =( Have a fantastic birthday celebration either way, cox!!

PS: I forgot to ask admissions how many IS apps there were this year. Do any of you know?

Thanks!

I wish I had the guts to call and ask. No idea about the competition.

I just called and spoke with Tammy - I tried not to be too annoying!

She said letters for IS would be going out next week.

She's so nice, so let's just all try and work together and have some patience!

thanks for calling and getting that info. in the mean time, i will distract ya'll with a photo of my pup. he's tired of waiting to hear from ncsu too. and that means he might end up freezing his ears off in minnesota! MyPicture.jpg

I'm an in-state still waiting to hear. Did anyone get a letter today? I'm going crazy waiting

I didn't - but I am anxiously, anxiously waiting. Heard from a 2nd year that the dean met with everyone in admissions on Friday and officially decided... so we should hear VERY VERY SOON.

I'm dying here too. I just need to know. This is my first round of applications, so I know the odds are against me. BUT I NEED TO KNOW! I haven't slept in weeks.

Ohboy! We're SO CLOSE!! Thanks for the update SillyFilly-sounds like about the same as last year. I really hope its tomorrow! I know it will be snail mail, but the 2 emails from student services this afternoon definitely got me excited for a second! Ahhhhhh!

Were the SS emails from the vet school? I did not get them if they were!

EEK?

Obvi I am looking for any reason to freak...

Were the SS emails from the vet school? I did not get them if they were!

Oh, don't freak out! Yes, they were from the vet school-"Dean's Update: March 2008" and "CVM Professor in Space"...absolutely nothing was mentioned about applications at all. I was like "its a little late to try to "be in touch", ncsu...It reminded me of the "CVM news" emails that they sent last year.

Ooookay, phew.... We'll see!

Haha..and -"Dean's Update" for January and December came this morning..so bizarre! Mail comes soon, mail comes soon, mail comes soon...

Mail came. :thumbdown: Nothing.

I couldn't stand it anymore, so I called. Accept/Waitlist letters went out late Monday afternoon. Rejections will go out by Friday. Yikes!!

Well that is BAD news for me! It doesn't take DAYS for a letter to travel across the state. Looks like my letter is going out Friday. Darn.

Well that is BAD news for me! It doesn't take DAYS for a letter to travel across the state. Looks like my letter is going out Friday. Darn.

Yeah, it's super scary! I figure that letters "went out" Monday, but probably didn't get processed by the P.O. til Tuesday. I'm only half an hour away, so I would have expected it to come today, but I definitely don't think tomorrow is out of the question. It's still too early to count ourselves out!

ack. i am not home but i will have to make sure that someone is watching the mailbox.

good luck everyone.

aaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!

Thanks for calling, Micks, I appreciate it! Leeeet's just say I am def going out for a drink tonight...

I couldn't stand it anymore, so I called. Accept/Waitlist letters went out late Monday afternoon. Rejections will go out by Friday. Yikes!!

Well, now, that's just mean! :mad:

(Heh...sorry, comments from the bystanders.) Good luck, guys! I'm pulling for all of you!

We heard back last year on Thursday of this same week, so gooooood luck!:luck:

By the way, this is just really funny to know that I was in this same position last year, and my dreams came true, and this week I'm going on having my third test of this week (ie- want to kill someone and have a beer;)) and had forgotten how exciting it really was to get in. Thanks for reminding me :)

Hey Selena! It's Amy from the EEU :) I know you will rock your test - and that you guys have had one helluva week!

I just made a batch of cookies. It would prob be bad to eat them ALL....

my mailbox ambassador reports nothing from ncsu. here's hoping for a thrilling thursday.

Well all of these updates make me feel a little better! Here's to tomorrow.

Hey everyone! So the Student Services emails are a hoax? Who would go through the trouble of putting all the applicant's emails into a list-serv? I thought that it was a good omen.... oh well, so from your post I suppose tomorrow is it, well, or monday/tuesday for the rejects.... ugh, :barf:

Hey everyone! So the Student Services emails are a hoax? Who would go through the trouble of putting all the applicant's emails into a list-serv? I thought that it was a good omen.... oh well, so from your post I suppose tomorrow is it, well, or monday/tuesday for the rejects.... ugh, :barf:

Hey, welcome! =) Did you get all those dean's updates too then? I'm not sure what you mean by hoax? I agree, I took it as a good omen; no idea if there is any deeper meaning.

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL TOMORROW!!

ps: neat pic!

Hey, welcome! =) Did you get all those dean's updates too then? I'm not sure what you mean by hoax? I agree, I took it as a good omen; no idea if there is any deeper meaning.

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL TOMORROW!!

ps: neat pic!

Thanks! The dean's update came from student services.... I got one tuesday and one yesterday... so I figured if they made their decisions on friday, then someone did a good job getting all those emails into the system on monday! :) I couldn't imagine them sending the dean's update email to every applicant, just seems silly to me. Good luck tho! I won't be home until late today :( arrr... the suspense is killing me! Good Luck Everyone!! :luck:

Hey Selena! It's Amy from the EEU :) I know you will rock your test - and that you guys have had one helluva week!

I just made a batch of cookies. It would prob be bad to eat them ALL....

Hey girl! I'm crossing my fingers for you! Yeah this week has been crucial, but it's all over after 2:30 today (if the test doesn't last longer than humanly possible!) Don't worry, hopefully you'll get to enjoy the rigors of hating the dream you love next year during a stint of awful exams! ;) Just kidding! :thumbup: Good luck to all of ya!

I'm sick to my stomach. The mail should be here any minute now. NEED TO KNOW

Anyone get anything yet? I'm at work 'til five, too bad clayton is too far of a drive to run home and check mail!! I should have kept that PO Box in Raleigh that I had last year!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :) Lets hope that today is the day!! :)

I GOT IN!!! I am really not sure when it will sink in, I can't believe it actually happened! Wow, wow, wow... My head will be in the clouds the rest of the day at work! :D

I GOT IN!!! I am really not sure when it will sink in, I can't believe it actually happened! Wow, wow, wow... My head will be in the clouds the rest of the day at work! :D

That is awesome! So... what does a potential acceptance letter look like? Is it a big thick envelope with a folder or just a simple business letter, thin and small envelope?

Congrats Mickey!! :)

Yay!!! Go MickeyBlueEyes!!! :)

Thanks yall!! THE letter is very thick and in a large white envelope =) Good luck!!

Yeah Mickey!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Mickey!! That is really awesome!!!

Way to go!

I still havent gotten to check yet, but no word from the hubby either :(

In any case, what a great day for you!