Ncsu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yay Mickey!!! :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats Mickey - you going to get to come to open house? Make sure you order a shirt from the c/o 2011 ;) (shameless plug in there for our fundraising efforts!) Glad to hear you'll be a Wolfpacker with the best of us :D

Members don't see this ad :)
hooray! big white envelope made it to my mailbox too!

I got in! :) See ya'll at the welcome thingy!!!

CONGRATS GUYS!!!! :biglove:

Nothing in my mailbox today, though it does have to go to Charlotte so I am hoping....

Nothing here, either. I've accepted the rejection. Who gets in first time 'round anyway, right? Chin up, coxswainbrady.

I am thinking good thoughts for you Filly & Brady!

I'm so looking forward to meeting you all at the open house =)

Thank you everyone for all the congrats--this group is awesome!

wow, I love this thread! I'm OOS and was accepted but had to defer:(:(:(. (at least it was approved though, so I don't have to go through all of this all over again!) So, it's like I'm hearing from all of my classmates, sort of anyway. Congrats to Mickey, family1st, BnBranch and everyone else that's gotten in, good luck to those of you that haven't heard yet, and I can't wait to meet everyone next year!

Still nothing in my mailbox today! I am really, really hoping to get something soon. Purdue is awesome, but financially, I *need* NCSU!

I just heard 3/14 that I'm on the waitlist for NCSU. :mad: I feel so jaded about their admissions process it's a little hard for me to get excited about being waitlisted. This is my second time around the application merry-go-round.
But I'm still waiting to hear back from one school, so I guess I'm really just still being hopeful for an acceptance there...

And of course, MAJOR congrats to all of you lucky dogs that got that coveted letter. YOU KNOW YOU EARNED IT!!! :)

Good luck puppydogtails-both with NCSU and your other school! Do you know where you are on the list?

And HI, tastrophe!! Are you visiting on the 28th or waiting until next year? It will be so nice to finish up your research without the hassle of admissions!

Good luck puppydogtails-both with NCSU and your other school! Do you know where you are on the list?

And HI, tastrophe!! Are you visiting on the 28th or waiting until next year? It will be so nice to finish up your research without the hassle of admissions!

Hi Mickey! I was told to not come on the 28th since it will be geared toward this year's class.:( It's so bittersweet, I'm so excited and I have to wait!!! Believe me, I would much rather have to deal with admissions and do my research than have to wait anymore! I feel like a little kid at christmas :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Does any one know if the open house thing is just for students or if family is invited as well?

I was rejected. :mad: I can't be too mad, of course, since I got into Purdue!

Just upset because I am IS and am going to WORK for them... but am not good enough to GO there. Intriguing, no?

Congrats to everyone who got in! :thumbup: You all deserve it! If anyone needs a nice place to live, my room will be open in my townhouse with other vet students!

Does any one know if the open house thing is just for students or if family is invited as well?

I am brining my fiance.... they emailed to ask # of seats to reserve, so I figured that meant that you could bring family.... see ya there :)

sillyfilly, sorry to hear about ncsu, but yay for still getting to be a vet, i'm sure you will love purdue!

does anyone have suggestions for good places to live in raleigh?

:) That's how I feel about it! I am only sad to leave all my people here.

Epistatic, I have been in Raleigh for the past 5 years - so I have plenty of advice to offer! You can PM me if ya'd like! IDK your budget or what you are looking for, but I can lend some suggestions!

does anyone have suggestions for good places to live in raleigh?

If you are looking for an apartment, there are TONS of reasonably priced ones off of Duraleigh Rd. My favorite is Lexington Farms Apartments which is on Glen Eden and Edwards Mill Road. Its a small complex, lots of trees, pool, workout center, down the road from shopping center and mall and is also only a 5-10 min drive to the vet school. I had a one bedroom with a loft last year for $765/month. I don't live there anymore because I bought a house out in the boonies (Clayton) but feel free to PM for more info. Good Luck :)

When I lived in Raleigh, I lived in the Cary Towne Apartments. It's about 5-10 mins from the vet school, tops. I'm not sure how they are now, but they were nice 2 years ago when I was living there.

Hey guys - you can bring whoever you want, just put the number down. That number is mainly for the gathering at the University Club, b/c it is catered, but that also gives us an idea about how many to expect for tours, etc. I can't wait to meet all of ya'll and take advantage of the social event that night at Woody's. It will be a good chance for you guys to talk to current first years.

Also, we're putting together an info sheet of apartments that first year students currently live at to give you guys an idea of places to look at. Also there will be included a detailed map of Raleigh and surrounding areas to help you know how far you may be from campus if you choose to live one place over another. Can't wait to meet you guys... like I told MickeyBlueEyes - you have no idea what you're in for! :D (not to scare you, it's the most awesome thing ever still to be there for vet school)

BN Branch, I also live in Clayton. I love it here! We moved here from Minneapolis in 2005......I will send you a PM.

I am bringing my husband Friday.......my 15 year old wants to come too....but I know he will ask to leave after the first 15 minutes.

Is everyone going out afterwards? I am very excited to meet all of you!
Veronica

i was just perusing the rabies thread and thought i would see if anyone knows the answer to my question here. i had my rabies pre-exposure series a year ago, but i'm not sure if ncsu will require proof of titer, or if just paperwork is adequate.

i was just perusing the rabies thread and thought i would see if anyone knows the answer to my question here. i had my rabies pre-exposure series a year ago, but i'm not sure if ncsu will require proof of titer, or if just paperwork is adequate.

If I remember correctly, I think it is okay to have had it within a year, but I would check for sure at student orientation in August. They can do titers during lunch when they are doing rabies vax for those that have not had theirs yet (if you end up needing it).

I went to the doctor today to get the tetanus booster and a rabies titer (I finished the series over 2 yrs ago..). The nurse that came in to fill out the health form thought I was making up the existence of the rabies vaccine! Honestly, she has NEVER heard of the rabies vaccination! Can you believe that?! She said, you vet school people scare me. LOL!! Nonetheless, the clinic didn't have a "billing code" for insurnace purposes for getting a titer done but the lab the they use can do it. In order to not have a billing problem, she didn't pull the blood, so no titer for me. I really hope they be able to do it at the vet school! Yikes!

PS - Thanks Blue Ridge Family Physicians!

You can get either done at school during your fall semester - shot series or titer, whichever you need.

See you guys Friday!

Okay, everyone, please fill me in on today's events! I wish I could have been there!!! But next year you can show me around instead :laugh:

Okay, everyone, please fill me in on today's events! I wish I could have been there!!! But next year you can show me around instead :laugh:

Aww, yeah! We had a great day--tour/try-on's/reception/social. The first-years are so nice!! :) They really gave us a warm welcome! I met lots of nice people from 2012, I'm so excited for August! We'll give you a super tour next year!

hooray for having classmates with vizslas!

hooray! It's a vizsla party! Of course, all breeds invited =) Congrats on your decision! We should have had an sdn huddle or something, I did a terrible job finding everyone. Family1st found me--hi!

Were you there epitastic? It was very nice meeting you MickeyBlueEyes.
I am very excited. If you haven't already, order the textbook that you will use for the online course. It is a great book and has a CD with it that you use as online flashcards. (It takes so much time making flashcards) I ordered the book from Amazon and got free shipping. I am still in shock, I cannot believe I am going to NCSU CVM!!!! Thanks to all the class of 2011! It was a great time!

Veronica

i was there...but there wasn't an easy way to figure out who was from sdn.

That's true; I was mostly keeping an ear out for details..like vizslas or hometown..but once we got to woody's I realized how little I had to go on! It was a fun time; we'll just have to have a little meet-up in august!

Hi everyone.
-To family1st:
I am finally registered on SDN! We met at Woody's on the couch. You introduced yourself as "Im your mother."

btw- what book is needed for the online course? I havn't received any information about it.

The information for the book was in the welcome packet. The book is An Illustrated guide to Veterinary Medical Terminology by Janet Admunson Romich, the isbn number 1401873812. It is a required vocab book for fall anatomy also. We will recieve more information soon for the free, non-credit online course. It was great meeting you hoku7! I am very excited......
Veronica

I got my book. brand new. looks great.

Hi all, I just received a call earlier this week letting me know I had been accepted off the waitlist at NCSU after a deferral. Hate I missed the 28th tour, but at least I will be there in the fall, hope to see you all there!

congratulations. are you in state or out of state?

Hooray!! Welcome =) So glad things worked out for you!

On a related note, where is everyone living? UC Davis has such a great thread going about housing!! I know some of you will remain Claytonites; how about others? I am thinking of condo options a little north of cvm, so as to avoid heavily undergrad populated areas. Any thoughts?

i've been looking into north cary and south of the vet school, but i'm looking for houses...(with a yard!)

Does anyone want to get together for lunch or coffee sometime? We can start studying our anatomy together. I am really excited and can't believe our orientation starts on a Sunday!!!!! :)