NDB part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothferry

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Ok i landed in this site a couple of months aga and its been real useful. So many thanks to people who have shared there experiences, questions and motivation.

Now its my turn to help you all I guess.

1. Please know every line of the Dental decks(thats what helped me the most)
2. Constantly test yourself with the old question papers..
3. Try to build a strong foundation on basic concepts in Physio(hit the books for the most basic stuff)
4. http://dentistry.ouhsc.edu/intranet-Web/Courses/OCC8401/occ8401.1.html
just go to this web site print all the stuff out red in depth of all individual teeth and they have review questions print it out and test your self.
5. Bio(lippincot) was very useful..breakdown all the cycles..write it down for mback to front..all the key enzymes, Rate liminting steps and what inhibits it or sitmulates it. There were 2 questions on citrate and PEPCK and epi and Glycogen phosphorylase. Thats all you need I simplified it took notes put all the cycles in one page and it helped me I guess we waste a lot of time experimenting how to memorise the stuff.
5. Anatomy..where to start.
Broke down to all the systems..
1. All gaglions ( 4 questions on sup cervical ganglion)
2. Tracts. I will post the question as I recollect. But 2 Q;s one on Acensding and one on Desending.
3. Cerical triangle. Please be sure you know the Floor thats what we tend to omit, so the boundaries, contents and floor. I had the cervical triangle.
4. Skin
I will post all the questions I guess

Anyways my scores are not that great but I guess I followed a very simplified approach and it worked..as we get very worked up and stressed. But we all can do it and that was the motivation.

Anyone needs any help please feel free to contact me and will be willing to guide you as much as I can.

GooD luck on your prep..
Will keep posting all the exam questions as said

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks, toothferry.
The link of tooth is very helpful.
Did you do Kaplan review notes too?

Hi everyone,

Ok i landed in this site a couple of months aga and its been real useful. I just took my Part 1 and got a 89. So many thanks to people who have shared there experiences, questions and motivation.

Now its my turn to help you all I guess.

1. Please know every line of the Dental decks(thats what helped me the most)
2. Constantly test yourself with the old question papers..
3. Try to build a strong foundation on basic concepts in Physio(hit the books for the most basic stuff)
4. http://dentistry.ouhsc.edu/intranet-Web/Courses/OCC8401/occ8401.1.html
just go to this web site print all the stuff out red in depth of all individual teeth and they have review questions print it out and test your self.
5. Bio(lippincot) was very useful..breakdown all the cycles..write it down for mback to front..all the key enzymes, Rate liminting steps and what inhibits it or sitmulates it. There were 2 questions on citrate and PEPCK and epi and Glycogen phosphorylase. Thats all you need I simplified it took notes put all the cycles in one page and it helped me I guess we waste a lot of time experimenting how to memorise the stuff.
5. Anatomy..where to start.
Broke down to all the systems..
1. All gaglions ( 4 questions on sup cervical ganglion)
2. Tracts. I will post the question as I recollect. But 2 Q;s one on Acensding and one on Desending.
3. Cerical triangle. Please be sure you know the Floor thats what we tend to omit, so the boundaries, contents and floor. I had the cervical triangle.
4. Skin
I will post all the questions I guess

Anyways my scores are not that great but I guess I followed a very simplified approach and it worked..as we get very worked up and stressed. But we all can do it and that was the motivation.

Anyone needs any help please feel free to contact me and will be willing to guide you as much as I can.

GooD luck on your prep..
Will keep posting all the exam questions as said

who says that ur score isn't great?...i am giving my exam in dec n i found ur thread extremely useful...thanks a lot!....
gud luck for ur proffessional endeavours now!
best regards
pink tooth:p

Thanks Toothferry,
am going to take the exams early next year...will look to you for guidance..
best of luck for your future....